New Member, and Value Question

ALIEN

Registered
Ok, so you're wearing a blue shirt and you walk into a dealership. You are thinking of buying a Suzuki Hayabusa, and like your favorite blue shirt, there is a blue (and silver) '03 Hayabusa in perfect condition sitting there. "Hmm", you think, "How much does that bike cost?"

As you look closer, you realize this 'Busa is used, but only has 1600 miles on it. "What's this I see?" you think to yourself. "Ooohh, nice dual Titaniam Yoshi's and XM radio installed..."

Again you wonder how much the dealership is asking for this bike.

$2500? Nah, that'd be ridiculous.

$5000? No, this bike is in the neighborhood of $11000 new.

$9800? That sounds a little more reasonable.

Maybe $10500? Well, it is practically new, and does have those expensive goodies installed...

Ok, so now you guys tell me; what price do you think you'd see on the sticker of the above bike?

This is the Hayabusa that I've been borrowing from the dealership I work at (I personally own a 1999 TL1000R). We're sending most of our used inventory off to auction on Friday. I know what the dealership owns this 'Busa for, and based on what I think we can get for it through a sale vs. what I think we'll get for it at auction, I may be able to keep the 'Busa around and/or buy it for myself over the winter.

(Damn, that's quite a run-on sentence)

So, what do you guys expect to hear when you ask "How much for that 'Busa?"

new 04's you can get OTD for around 10,200-11,200 depends on the state so if it is clean i would say no more than 8900.00 OTD

What Johnny says...

around here, an 04 blue and silver is still running at (check this out): $13,600!!!

WTF is that? Fuggin thievin bastids...

Am I seeing what I think I saw? Xm radio on a busa WTF Yo I gotta see some pics of that sh!t please

Oh yeah WELCOME and good luck on your purchase btw if you do get it put the xm radio in your car it will be rendered useless on a busa

I'm thinking along the same lines as everyone else, the Titanium Yosh pipes are nice but I can't see more than $9k for the bike. The XM won't add any value, IMO.

Welcome to the board...
biggrin.gif
Tehy are asking to much for the bike. Suzuki didn't make a Blue/Silver 2003. They only came in Blue/Silver in 2000,2001 and 2004.

Back