New Hayabusa Owner In Idaho

Thank God! They are (the) uber sports touring machine, not a half ton Gold Wing. Remember to add a lil air in the rear tire not only for your pillion but also for loaded side bags. Maybe even adjust the shock a tad. Might help the handling considerably. Your Heli-Bars may raise your head just enough to be (too high) in the airflow with the stock windscreen. I've heard most guys change windscreens to deal with that. Also, if your knees seem bent a tad too much, Buell pegs and others I hear, are a quick swap and lower your foot quite a bit. They bolt right up but offer a lower footrest. I did it on my 06 mostly due to an old crash knee especially when it's cold outside. Helped a lot but in the fast twisties I have to ride on my heels to keep my boots from being kicked off the pegs-HA!

Last edited:
Thank God! They are (the) uber sports touring machine, not a half ton Gold Wing. Remember to add a lil air in the rear tire not only for your pillion but also for loaded side bags. Maybe even adjust the shock a tad. Might help the handling considerably. Your Heli-Bars may raise your head just enough to be (too high) in the airflow with the stock windscreen. I've heard most guys change windscreens to deal with that. Also, if your knees seem bent a tad too much, Buell pegs and others I hear, are a quick swap and lower your foot quite a bit. They bolt right up but offer a lower footrest. I did it on my 06 mostly due to an old crash knee especially when it's cold outside. Helped a lot but in the fast twisties I have to ride on my heels to keep my boots from being kicked off the pegs-HA!
I added a sport touring windscreen and lowered pegs to the list!
The problem is that the list keeps growing. ..

Oops, I meant to say, (toes) not heels, as in toes on the pegs so my boots don't scrape. I also have a Throttlemeister with HD bar ends and it's great to rest your hand and on LD rides. Droning across NV or UT at any speed w/o one is punishment.

Can't edit around here after awhile...

Back