New guy  with question...

David F C

Registered
Hello everyone !

I've known the board for some time but only joined now.

I have a 2000 Grey/Red Busa, bought a couple of months ago.

I was wondering about the TRE mod. From what I've gathered the late 2000 and 2001, 2002, 2003 models have a speed limiter of some sort.

I know my bike is a year 2000 model, but not if it is an early or late year model.

Is there a way to know if it is limited or not?

I think the limiter was added for the '02 model year and beyond - I believe your bike will go full tilt without the mod !!

I think the limiter was added for the '02 model year and beyond - I believe your bike will go full tilt without the mod !!
No David is correct. Late models 2000 01' 02-04'.

Let me ask this question. Have you been to a true 186mph which is about 199.8mph o the speedo, or 11,000 on the tac in 6th gear. If not don't wrry about a TRE. If you are really going to se the TRE and make high speed runs, make a run to find out were your at. Most people will never use the TRE.

Let me ask this question.  Have you been to a true 186mph which is about 199.8mph o the speedo, or 11,000 on the tac in 6th gear.  If not don't wrry about a TRE.  If you are really going to se the TRE and make high speed runs, make a run to find out were your at.  Most people will never use the TRE.
I've been told the TRE also helps in lower gears eleminating some "jerkiness" in 1st 2nd and 3rd gears. Thats what was making me consider the TRE mod. I don't go 300Km/h very often...

i am another new guy. 2001 black and grey. i havent seen the limiter, but sure would like smoother exits from tight corners. back tire has jumped out once or twice. any suggestions where to find the connectors, i have resistors.

Back