New Glasses

GSXRFANN

FLUNKIE
Donating Member
Registered
Well, I guess my age is finally starting to catch up with me!! I had to get glasses......bi-focals at that!
I don't know if t is where I am trying to get used to them or what, but they actually kind of make me sick to my stomach and give me a headache. I haven't had them but a couple of hours, but dang, how long will it take me to adjust to wearing them?
I am guessing my perscription is correct?

My wife had a terrible time getting used to them but I put them on and never had a problem. You have to learn to adjust your head up and down to get the right strength.
Welcome to middle age:laugh:

Yep, takes time to adjust. I can't see jack without them up close. Have them on most of the time since I live in front of a PC.

Don't try to read (or play on the computer) right away. Let them just be in a natural setting. You're straining your eyes. The headaches will go away soon.

I tired to ware them also and had a terrible time. I am going to have the lasik surg. on the 17th on one eye. They are doing what they call mono vision where one eye is set for reading and one is for distance. They are going to put a contact in my eye tomorrow so I can try it to make sure I like it. A friend of mine had it and claims he loves it. O well its called getting old I guess. Best of luck getting use to them.

Sounds as if something is not right. They should help and be comfortable. When riding, I use contacts, glasses in my Shoei, fogging, real problem.

My wife had lasik, she is very happy with it.

~1022650.jpg

Back