New gen2 2014 busa

Jonathan Ong

Registered
Good day guys,

I recently bought a new 2014 busa, and need advise on whether its going to be worth the penny for me to add a power commander 5 and dyno it?

Mods done and planning to do

1. Exhaust - I live in singapore and full system exhausts are illegal, only have yoshi titanium slip-ons
2. Spark Plugs - Currently running on stock, planning to change to the NGK iridium ones
3. Air filter - Currently also runnning on stock, planning to change to either K&N or BMC
4. Engine oil - Currently running on Motul 300v

Another question. I've read through most of the stickies in this forum and found out about the air box mod.
Is this mod worth doing if i'm only using slip-ons?
Cause i saw some posts about this mod being effective on a full system exhaust.

Balrog.jpg

If you change out the exhaust, the marble mod will help prevent it from 'popping' when you come off the gas. I wouldn't touch the engine; It's got PLENTY more power than most can handle (and the police will tolerate), and wiring a Power Commander can make for a lot of headaches.

Stock plugs are iridium so don't change them till they're due. Air box mod is for Gen 1 bikes. Your bike will run fine as is. Slip-ons do not make a difference in flow, unless you remove the stock header so no power commander is needed. Stock filter makes the most power on a stock engine but they are expensive. BMC race make the most power but a K&N works fine and is cheapest in the long run. I have not used the BMC race but that is the general consensus around here. Lastly, you can send your ECU out for a reflash to advance the timing in Gears 1-4 remove limiters and have your secondary butterflies open sooner. This will wake up the bottom end a bit and make it run snappier down low.

Enjoy, she's an awesome machine. Oh and welcome to the Org.

If you change out the exhaust, the marble mod will help prevent it from 'popping' when you come off the gas. I wouldn't touch the engine; It's got PLENTY more power than most can handle (and the police will tolerate), and wiring a Power Commander can make for a lot of headaches.

whats a marble mod?

Stock plugs are iridium so don't change them till they're due. Air box mod is for Gen 1 bikes. Your bike will run fine as is. Slip-ons do not make a difference in flow, unless you remove the stock header so no power commander is needed. Stock filter makes the most power on a stock engine but they are expensive. BMC race make the most power but a K&N works fine and is cheapest in the long run. I have not used the BMC race but that is the general consensus around here. Lastly, you can send your ECU out for a reflash to advance the timing in Gears 1-4 remove limiters and have your secondary butterflies open sooner. This will wake up the bottom end a bit and make it run snappier down low.

Enjoy, she's an awesome machine. Oh and welcome to the Org.

Thanks for the welcome~ I've joined the FB group too.
Anyway, can I get more information to the reflash?
what does "timing in gears 1-4" and "secondary butterflies" mean?

Sorry, I'm new to the busa and it's modifications..

how much did the bike set you back? I assume it's something like $30k USD + some vehicle tax stamp, so 50k usd?

how much did the bike set you back? I assume it's something like $30k USD + some vehicle tax stamp, so 50k usd?

With the yoshimura slip-on, its about $32k SGD. Road tax, COE, insurance(1year) included

Used google conversion and it shows $25.59k USD

Does a busa costs so much more over at US? I always assumed it would be cheaper over there~

Jonathan first let me say, welcome.
Then I will say I grew up on bikes. Last one was an 09 Busa. I am same as others guilty of trying to improve upon what is already an excellent platform. I modded the crap outta my bike. In the end it was the comfort mods and simple things that made the most difference. I did PCv5 and flashed the PC, had wheels and 4into1 exhaust, all of it. But what was the best and what I would suggest would be the trash can mod to make trunk bigger. It's easy and cheap, like ten bucks. Then you can stash a whole gallon of milk under your seat! Also a set of aftermarket levers, I chose Pazzos but there are many. Also some throttlemeisters for a basic 'cruise control' to take the stress off your wrist on long rides. If I start over I will probably just do that and not much else. Save your money for now, get to know it and ride the piss outta it. It will be a long time before you actually need more power or handling ability from that bike.

Busa is about 1/2 that over here. IMHO I would just leave air filter stock, with just a slip on no need to remap ECU unless you just find that you realy need more power. Most riders can't really use all the power these bikes put out anyway. You have a great bike there just as it sits, just ride the crap out of it and enjoy.

With the yoshimura slip-on, its about $32k SGD. Road tax, COE, insurance(1year) included

Used google conversion and it shows $25.59k USD

Does a busa costs so much more over at US? I always assumed it would be cheaper over there~

In the US we can pick them up for around $13k USD. I thought the price would be higher because of how much cars cost over there (I lived in Singapore for 6 years). So I was estimating it would cost twice what it costs here, then 10-20k on top for the stamp.

Have you owned a lot of bikes and think that what you have now is not fast enough for you?

Get to know the bike and how it handles before you start throwing money at it.
Many people leave their bike in stock form for a long time before they make changes.

Of course its your bike and you can do what you want to it.
It's been said before that having the fastest bike doesn't make you the fastest rider,
but a good rider can/is usually the fastest even on a slower bike. So become a better rider first.
Then you will know what it is you want to mod to become even a better rider.

JMO.

By the way very nice looking bike!

Thanks everyone for the inputs.
I'm guessing its kinda a new owner thingy to wanna "doll-up" their bike in both looks and performance.
But yea, I appreciate the tips and all, and wont be doing mods to increase performance for awhile.

I did went ahead with the ECU flash though, bike feels slightly smoother on the lower gears, and rpm goes up to 12.5k. How much rpm does the stock ECU limits it to? 11.5k?

Edit* some background info~
I've owned a couple of other bikes before the busa, Laws over here are quite different and we got to move up the ladder from smaller CCs to monsters like the busa.
Previously owned bikes are 2 x HONDA NSR SP 150, HONDA CBR 400, and now the busa. (only 1 bike at any one time)
Have been riding for about 6 years now.

Back