New Exhaust

bigjimslade73

Registered
I have a 2005 busa and just put a full stainless Muzzy on it, did the marble trick to block pair(i know i should have just done block off while i was installing exhaust), and have Tre. Should I have a shop custom map it(how much? does it need it?) or get a pcIII instead? Haven't riden much since new exhaust, scared maybe its running too lean, will this cause problems? So many questions this is my first FI bike. TIA for responses

I doubt its running lean, but to realize the fullpotential of the system, you'll need PC3 and a good map.:;):

Not a matter of which one, but like NJ said get both. And welcome to the board.

I don't know how long I would wait to get the PC. You could face some undesirable surges, sputtering or cutouts.

If it runs OK without the PC, no backfire or flat spots on acceleration, then you can wait untill you can afford the PC and a custom map. You need both a PC and custom map for the best performance.

And welcome to the board
biggrin.gif

I have a 2005 busa and just put a full stainless Muzzy on it, did the marble trick to block pair(i know i should have just done block off while i was installing exhaust), and have Tre. Should I have a shop custom map it(how much? does it need it?) or get a pcIII instead? Haven't riden much since new exhaust, scared maybe its running too lean, will this cause problems? So many questions this is my first FI bike. TIA for responses
Welcome to the board! As NJ said I doubt if your engine is running lean after you change to a full system... Getting a PC3 USB would be the best option... but if you need time to get one I suggest you do the following!!

a) Set your idle between 1050 - 1250 ... that should make your bike work a lil bit better!! If its right there... leave it there
biggrin.gif

b) I suggest you take of the TRE until you get yourself the PC3. As far as TRE's are concerned I would only recomend you to Ivan's Smart TRE!!

Hope that helps until you get the PC3
biggrin.gif

biggrin.gif

Back