New Business

Which POS are you marketing?
I am marketing the one that Kento is selling. Would ya like to talk to me about purchasing one??  
hello.gif

laugh.gif

whistling.gif
Now that's the kinda thinking I like, Your in!
cool.gif

chimney cleaning

roto rooter gut

I see a guy ridin around the island in a 2 wheel drive ranger , he calls it pet patrol, slogan on the tailgate says "we take alot of shid from our customers ." he cleans up dog shid from peoples yards

lawn maintance 10 - 20 houses a week will put some change in your pocket

pool cleaner

limo/taxi service

get a cdl drive an oil/propane truck good thing with this is it is bussiest in the racibng off season

seamless gutters

gutter cleaner

bobcat service build the equipment rental and delivery charge into estimate costs

sprinkler repair

If cespools around your area ,buy a 5 hp trash pump and do hydro jetting , you just pump the water from the cespool back into the pool from the 2 in outlet of the pump reduce it down to 1 in galvanized cut an angle at the end of the pipe and just lift use the water pressure to break up the bottom of the pool for drainage , find a source for acid 6 bucks for 5 gallons sell it for 20

same job as above except with air need a tow behind compressor results are better with water cause it instantly drops the levelhave to run hose from the street , you can mount a pump on a hand truck or in a wheel barrow

house cleaning service - either do it yourself or follow the pimpin handbook

window replacement - big profit can do a whole house in a day requires 2 visits - visit one measure windows , take deposit making sure it covers cost of windows and la little somthin, order exact replacement windows , when they come in install them one at a time , collect after complete

there are millions of of things out there to make a buck ! or 2 ! most of the jobs above can take off with a small add in the local paper , once youve made a bit of doe , think about insurance to cover youir ass , it is cheep

one more , tree guy , get paid to cut them down

oh yeah one more gutters home depot ur lows sells the pieces , just go price everything out and your ready to go , screw gun, hammer, rivit gut rivits 50 dollars worth the parts 500 installed 3-4 hrs work 25 ft gutter, leaders

It is amazing how well a stand alone car wash will do.  They built one in my town a couple of years ago.  All it is is a vaccum and 2 automatic wash stalls.  I am like "man...that is stupid, that will never take off".  Boy was I wrong.  After they opened there were lines of cars waiting...it is still like that at $7-$9 per wash.  There was only 1 full service car wash and 1 DIY car wash in town before this one.

Now the guys that built the stand alone sold it to the full service and there is currently another large car wash being built in our town.

...eveyone loves a clean car  
cool.gif
I guarantee the guy invested right at $500,000 in that enterprise NOT COUNTING the land. I am in the car wash equipment industry and I can tell you that there are a LOT of car washes that are going to be coming up for sale / foreclosed on in the next two years. IF you have disposable cash and can wait until the market recovers from the oil thieves you can put yourself in a VERY good position, but it's gonna take about 5 years.

Hmm I have about 10 years of marine aquariums... If you are going to do service work, there are a lot of offices that have fresh water and marine tanks that they do not clean themselves... rates are about $45 an hour here in Indiana.

Would have to learn a bit about marine tanks and fresh water tanks but it is pretty neat work... I have thought about doing this myself but it takes a good year or so to build your clientèle as with any new business

This is a cool thread. Craigslist under "business" has some great offerings. I was interested in a tanning salon about 1 hr from here thats for sale, so I went and met with the owner. She was very knowledgable and had a 1st rate shop. Problem was the numbers didnt add up for a good deal. After all expenses the profit margin was about $30K per year but that wasnt including her wages, she was there 8-12 hrs per day 7 days a week, thats not even minimum wage! oh well I guess I wasnt ment to watch tan cuties bounce in and out of my salon all day.
sad.gif

This is a cool thread.  Craigslist under "business" has some great offerings.  I was interested in a tanning salon about 1 hr from here thats for sale,  so I went and met with the owner. She was very knowledgable and had a 1st rate shop. Problem was the numbers didnt add up for a good deal. After all expenses the profit margin was about $30K per year but that wasnt including her wages, she was there 8-12 hrs per day 7 days a week, thats not even minimum wage!  oh well I guess I wasnt ment to watch tan cuties bounce in and out of my salon all day.
sad.gif
Was offered a similar opportunity about 14 years ago (before the huge explosion) and opted out for the same reason. Not enough money for the time invested. Maybe I was just greedy for the wrong thing!
laugh.gif

Man, these are some killer ideas! The glass repair thing sounds real good, and Kento's idea is cool! Well, actually all of these are good.

Back