My own business

GSXRFANN

FLUNKIE
Donating Member
Registered
Hey guys, need a little advice and information. My wife and I want to start our own business. We are thinking of cleaning offices, and possibly some doctor's offices. Seems like a pretty good way to make some extra cash, with low overhead. Just a few cleaning supplies, and a couple of vacuum cleaners and we should be good to go.
Has anyone else ever done this before? If so, what are your thoughts? What else would we need to get started?
Is this even a good idea?
What other types of business would you suggest? We just don't have a lot of extra money to spend on overhead expenses right now.
Any and all advice and suggestions are welcome.

Thanks,
Brian

I used to help my grandparents do that. People are messy. Pretty straight forward, word of mouth business works very well. Just be prepared to work odd hours. However, I never knew how much my grandparents made.
Posted via Mobile Device

Be prepared to supply a bond, liability insurance and workmans comp certs. After you spend that 5-6 grand you can visit potential customers that will ask you for references. Then and only then can you go shopping for supplies.

Good luck to you.

Be prepared to supply a bond, liability insurance and workmans comp certs. After you spend that 5-6 grand you can visit potential customers that will ask you for references. Then and only then can you go shopping for supplies.

Good luck to you.

Oh well,,,,there goes that idea! There just seems to be no way to make extra money own your own. Seems like I am gonna have to get me a part time job somewhere.

That really bites :banghead::banghead::banghead:

Oh well,,,,there goes that idea! There just seems to be no way to make extra money own your own. Seems like I am gonna have to get me a part time job somewhere.

I would check on this Man. Seems a little extreme to me. Bet you all the guys around here that cut grass for extra money don't have it. I'm gonna try to work on some bikes and autos at my house but I can't afford all the extra insurance so I'll take my chances. GO FOR IT. Gotta do what you have to to get by these days.

Try the landscaping and mowing business. My father does it and he's been turning away the business (he's supposed to be retired). :thumbsup:

thats how my buddy makes all his money... cleans 1 major account, 3 times a week.
after awhile, he just had a mexican couple do the work for him...once he got in good with the owners of the company, he put in 8 vending machines and now hes set.

I would check on this Man. Seems a little extreme to me. Bet you all the guys around here that cut grass for extra money don't have it. I'm gonna try to work on some bikes and autos at my house but I can't afford all the extra insurance so I'll take my chances. GO FOR IT. Gotta do what you have to to get by these days.

Have one accident or something come up missing on a job, get sued and lose everything you own in a heart beat. You wear gear when you ride dont you? same thing Brother.

Good luck to you.

This is very good advise. Check in to the bond and insurance before you give up on the idea, it may not be that expensive. Good luck.

Have one accident or something come up missing on a job, get sued and lose everything you own in a heart beat. You wear gear when you ride dont you? same thing Brother.
The best answer I have for this is NO Comment. Things are a little different in the South. Other than the fact that a lot of people are just lookin for a way to Sue you. I'll try to keep those Idiots away from my place. I do understand where you're comin from though. It's really Sad that we are so afraid of a Lawsuit that we can't live our Dream. Pizz on it, Let em Sue Me. Let's see if they can pay the taxes on this place. Sorry, I'm just fed up with Low Lifes tryin to get something for nothing.

Start with working for an existing agency and see if it is for you first.

not so fast grasshopper.... small practices are good for what you want to do.. if it is you and your wife.. get out there and beat on a few doors.. They are not out to sue you, they just need help with keeping offices cleaned..

Start with friends that work in small offices.. I did this for a bit but I like doing the lawns better (outdoors).. I work 1 full day a week at this and it is more than worth my time.. Easier to find excuses why not to work at it but I just went out and did it.. I really think the bikini lawn service may be in my cards next year... I will have 2 options... for $20 extra, I do not wear the thing... :whistle:

If you go to hire people? new game, new biz...

Last edited:
If you want to start making alot of money instead of just alittle extra cash then PM and you can buy a franchise with our company.

Back