New Busa rideing ???'s

bbailey

Registered
I just got a new to me Busa a couple of weeks ago and I have a qeustion.Where or how do you park at places like shopping centers,walmart,diners....etc.I am not crazy about parking out in the lot.I am afraid someone will run over it or something.

I park by the front door, sidewalk ect. But....some places
with security ( the mall) will tow. Usually business
who don't want to scare away customers are cool if you try
use some common sense in where you park.

Welcome!

:welcome:

I ride out of my garage and then back in.
Don't park it anywhere else.
I have the same fears as you.

if i'm at a store with angled parking, i park in the "no parking" triangles at the end of the row closest to the store and behind a pole if possible...like previously said, a lot of places will allow you to park on the end of their sidewalk as long as you aren't blocking handicapped access...if i do have to park in a spot in the lot, i make sure to park all the way out toward the lane of approaching cars instead of buried back between the vehicles on both sides of me, i feel other drivers have a better chance of seeing my bike that way

Last edited:
Hi and welcome to the site. Find locations that will protect your new bike like motorcycles only parking. If you ever have to park between two cars pull up far enough so your bike can be seen. I have seen bikes get run over by cars in parking lots because they were in blind spots to motorists. Most parking situations are common sense solutions. See the bike and let it be seen.

if i'm at a store with angled parking, i park in the "no parking" triangles at the end of the row closest to the store and behind a pole if possible...like previously said, a lot of places will allow you to park on the end of their sidewalk as long as you aren't blocking handicapped access...if i do have to park in a spot in the lot, i make sure to park all the way out toward the lane of approaching cars instead of buried back between the vehicles on both sides of me, i feel other drivers have a better chance of seeing my bike that way

+1....oh and :welcome:

never had the problem of someone "runnung over it or something" not sure why this is a real worry??!!??

This is what I do, But as a general rule I try not to park her in Parking lots.

Thanks for the welcomes!!I am trying to ride it as much as possible and running errands on it is a good way to get some seat time.I just never thought about the fact that once i get somewhere i have to park it and go in.I worry like crazy someone will run over it or knock it over.thanks for the ideas.I thought about parking up by the building but at some places it is a fire lane and I don't want it towed.
:thumbsup:

I hide next to lap post. I also park dead center of the stall. Also look at how the other cars are parked. It the cars are crooked or on the lines it is a good chance they are a bad or distracted driver. I do this with my truck as well. Also don't be afraid to walk in order to get away from other cars.

Then again I think cars have herding instincts. Even if you are way out at the end of the lot some one will come a park right next to you.

Just get full coverage and enjoy the insanity that is about to follow.
:welcome:

Back