New 08 Hayabusa owner.

Kemosavi

Registered
This is my new to me Hayabusa. I hadn't ridden in a couple of years. And before this bike I have a Buell xb12 lightning that I loved. Anyways perusing on Craigslist one day this gem pops up for sale at a dealership about 80 miles from my house. I told myself I had to have this bike.
So I sold my trusty modified big turbo 2007 subar legacy. And went and bought this sucker.
What really drew me to this bike minus it had everything done to it looks wise that I would have done minus some bar ends to clean up the front of the bike.
But it only had 760 miles on it when I picked it up on Friday.
Supposedly the bike was built for Jason Brittom
And he just has too many bikes. And it was made for the trade shows with all the one off pieces on it so it was never ridden.
I couldn't be happier about my purchase.
Except I have noticed a few things that are already noted on these forums about shifting into first from neutral. And I had a hot start problem on the first night. Thinking it was the battery just being low from sitting for a while. The dealership hooked me up with a brand new battery and no problems yet.
I will be poking my head in here a lot that's for sure.
Any suggestions people have or anything I am all ears.

You guys are the gurus.
But I'm in love already. I do need a better seat or just need more seat time bc my crotch hurts lol. TMI?

image.jpg

image.jpg

image.jpg

image.jpg

aw ****, rockin' the blazing orange, nice choice! welcome to the org and i agree that seat killed my prostate after a long haul. i ended up gutting mine and dropping a gel insert that i picked up off of ebay to rectify that issue. there were a couple of t.s.b./ recalls on the 08' to give you a heads up.
1. was the ignition wire might be synched to tight with the factory zip tie which i believe is blue, that would cut power while riding. run the vin by the dealer and see if that has been done.
2. the rectifier was screwy which gives you that impression your battery might be shot so ring the dealer for that one as well.
3. the clutch bolts on ALL 08's did not have the correct thread locker applied from factory causing them to back out and hit the clutch cover. hard to explain what the sound is but it's kind of clangy chatter and usually obnoxious on the initial start up. very easy to do yourself and a gasket plus thread locker (RED) is cheap.
all in all, great machine and stop wasting your time reading my dumb post and start riding her.:laugh::beerchug:

That orange is one of the prettiest colors in my opinion. I like the exhaust. Sweet bike. Welcome!

Well I goofed yesterday.
I bought a disk brake lock yesterday and I put it on the front brake.
Couple hours go by and I go to move the bike into the garage and not having used one of those locks before I totally forgot it was there.
Long story short I put a crack in the front fairing.
Carbon fairing on order. I have seen that people have been hit or miss on the quality of the carbon components. This one I ordered on NiceCycle.com
And its made by Carbon Composites.
I will have the original one fixed. But I hate having any blemish on such a nice bike.
I was anal about that stuff on my car also.
Maybe it was a subconscious thing telling me to put some carbon fiber on the bike.
Just hoping its not gonna be super yellow. Who knows I might need to have it painted if its not black enough.

Well I goofed yesterday.
I bought a disk brake lock yesterday and I put it on the front brake.
Couple hours go by and I go to move the bike into the garage and not having used one of those locks before I totally forgot it was there.
Long story short I put a crack in the front fairing.
Carbon fairing on order. I have seen that people have been hit or miss on the quality of the carbon components. This one I ordered on NiceCycle.com
And its made by Carbon Composites.
I will have the original one fixed. But I hate having any blemish on such a nice bike.
I was anal about that stuff on my car also.
Maybe it was a subconscious thing telling me to put some carbon fiber on the bike.
Just hoping its not gonna be super yellow. Who knows I might need to have it painted if its not black enough.

That sucks! But, it isn't the first time that sort of "accident" has occurred. Good luck on repairing the bike.

BTW, welcome to the ORG!

Back