Need windows7, EcuEditor, FDT help

Wild07

Registered
After fighting Vista, and thinking I had 7 handled, now I've got what comes off as a ECUeditor problem. I went to tune last tuesday and realized I didnt have FDT on my laptop, so we used one that did. Now, tonight I'm trying to install FDT so I can set my basemap and no matter which version of it I install, 3.07, 4.00, 4.01, 4.02, I keep getting a message that says FDT not found, XXX versions supported. I tried with 4.05, the light versions, everything.

Does ANYONE have any suggestions? I'm thinking I'm going to uninstall ECU Editor, uninstall any and every version of FDT, and re-install EVERYTHING. Starting with ECUEditor and v4.02 of FDT. Any better ideas?

Greg, I saw that. Tried cut/paste to relocate it, tried to download it to the right directory, everythin. No good. Ended up stealing my girls hello kitty laptop and it worked out. Gonna figure mine out later I guess
Posted via Mobile Device

it has to go to c:\program files\Renesas

that directory and that directory only, anything other than that it will not work

Greg! I got it. I'm not sure what I changed, but it works. Thanks again for chatting with me for a few on saturday. I'm not even real sure what I changed, but re-installed, cut and copied from the Program Files x86(or whatever variant) and it works. CRAZY windows.....

Back