Need some opninions on selling

j1mmyj4m

Registered
Well...I was hoping it wouldn't come to this, but I MAY have to sell my Busa.  I haven't had it very long so I'm going to take a hit when I sell it.  I'm paying on another bike, about to get a new car, new place, new girlfriend, amongst moving out of my old house and paying for new bills.

I was curious if anyone had some opinions on what I could sell it for.  It's an 05 LE with +/- 3,000 miles and in mint condition.  I only have a suzuki bra and vortex spools so it's stock.

I'm just trying to get a feel if it's worth the loss.  I love the bike, but I don't feel like paying $1,100 a month for 2 bikes and a car.  I've decided to keep the VTX since it's a lot more comfortable for my better half on trips.  Thanks for any input.

<!--EDIT|j1mmyj4m
Reason for Edit: None given...|1137188010 -->

Not to get into your business too much but... unless she's helping with the bills (your post doesn't sound that way), you need to keep what YOU want and let her be uncomfortable a bit if that has to happen. Should it not work out, at least you still have the bike you'll enjoy long term.

Until you're married and sharing a joint income and joint expenses, you've got to keep things in perspective a bit.

I like the 05 LE too bad your not in California I'd give you 8k right now. Anyway I agree you should get 8-8.5K maybe as much as 9k if you wait a couple of months.

Selling during the winter months usually means you'll lose a bit of money. I don't know what the weather is like there.

Good luck however it turns out.

Not to get into your business too much but... unless she's helping with the bills (your post doesn't sound that way), you need to keep what YOU want and let her be uncomfortable a bit if that has to happen.  Should it not work out, at least you still have the bike you'll enjoy long term.

Until you're married and sharing a joint income and joint expenses, you've got to keep things in perspective a bit.
She's not the reason I'm getting rid of it as far as financial's go.  I've known her for 12 years (not dated for 12) and this is just one of those things that seems like it's going to work out.  I'm not basing this solely off of her.  It's just one of the factors.

I may wait a bit longer before I actually sell it, but I wanted to get a feel for what everyone thought.  We pretty much have year round riding in Houston, but waiting till March may be a better option.  Selling it for 8k would be a huge loss compared to what I still owe on it, but I'm prepared to deal with that when I need to.  Thanks for the input everyone.

<!--EDIT|j1mmyj4m
Reason for Edit: None given...|1137211567 -->

Back