Need opinion on selling a bike...for a bike

busa clubslinger

Registered
OK so I need your candid opinion. I'm thinking of selling my '08 (almost paid for) and buying a 2013 in the spring. It would allow me to pay off a few bills and more importantly get the ABS and Brembos. Do you think it's worth it? Are there any other differences over the '08 worth mentioning? The body looks a little different but that may be an illusion. I actually like the new white color scheme. What do you think? Let me hear the pros and cons. Please?? I can't decide! Either way I WILL have a busa!! :beerchug: THANKS!!

Absolutely not. From the pics I've seen, they only upgraded the calipers, and not the master cylinder. That's where the need to make changes.

If it means that much, you could probably buy the parts and retrofit the new braking system to your current bike for much less than the difference in buying a new bike. Even if you needed a new ECU and all, it would probably still be cheaper than trading up.

wat he said.... plus the new colors arent really all that attractive. u might as well wait for a gen III. its cant be more then a couple yrs away. ABS is over rated on a motorcycle. its not like a car. it only weighs 550 lbs or so. I can stop on a dime with upgraded pads, rotors and brake lines and those Brembo's arent the high end Brembo's.

ABSOLUTELY NOT. I'll touch on the financial side. Although short term you'll pay off whatever those other small bills are by selling your bike, you'll create a bunch more debt by financing another. Short term sounds appealing but long term makes no sense. Keep your bike and pay it off. Once it's paid off, make much larger payments on your other debts. Then, in a MUCH shorter timeframe, your bike AND other bills will be paid for.

ABSOLUTELY NOT. I'll touch on the financial side. Although short term you'll pay off whatever those other small bills are by selling your bike, you'll create a bunch more debt by financing another. Short term sounds appealing but long term makes no sense. Keep your bike and pay it off. Once it's paid off, make much larger payments on your other debts. Then, in a MUCH shorter timeframe, your bike AND other bills will be paid for.

+100

Got me thinking about this for some reason... :thumbsup:

Its pretty much unanimous :whistle: keep your 08 pay it off completely and put the title in a safe deposit box. Pay off the rest of your bills and buy you a set of monoblock brembo calipers and a brembo radial M.C. :thumbsup: add some wave rotors and SS lines and I guarantee you will outbreak any 2013 busa and or pretty much anything on 2wheels point blank:whistle:

Great points! Thanks guys! Glad you backed up what I was already thinking! I love my 08 pumkin anyway!!!! Do hope in a few years there is a genIII though.... :beerchug:

Good luck with the sale. People see 9k and tend to think over priced for a 08' but your bike is worth it. Don't let someone beat you down too much!

Wait around for the Gen 3 ??? Thats old news.............i'm waiting for the Gen 4's to come out :laugh: They have ABS, AWD, driver side airbags, and heated seats :laugh:

Keep the '08 bro, unless you want to sell it to me real cheap:laugh:. I think the black/orange is the best looking busa out there, besides '11 white of course.

Back