Need some Help....

busax1300

Registered
Ok. I have been away from the forums for a while and there seems to be alot that has changed since my last visit so Im trying to catch up on stuff. I have a 05 Busa with 20k on it, Stretched 6 over, GSXR 1000 tail swap, few other body mods. Here is the mods I have currently. Small Box mod ,K&N air filter, Moved AIT sensor to ram tube, Dual Yoshi slip ons, PcIII, Dyno'd for MR12 for track, Throttle body Sync, NGK Iridium plugs, Engine Ice. Sorry for the book... now here is where Im looking for answers.

I have been reading for ab a week searching for concrete answers. I know you ask 100 ppl a question u prob gonna get a 100 diff answers.

1. Yoshi slip ons and stock header is there a need to do a PAIR mod?
2. With the Pc III dyno'd should I get a TRE? If so whats the best to use?
3. I am wanting to do a Launch Master for the strip? Good thing or bad? I have noticed I cant multi task like i use to be able to so Im trying to eliminate all my variables on the line.Is there any issues that may come up in doing so. I.E... Fi light issues....
4. Whats better for the bike... PC III or ECU tune? or do both?
5. Without getting into the motor heavy... What is some other mods to boost HP... anything that does not require a build.. Im saving a build for when the motor takes a dump.

Sorry for all the quest.. Im just kinda scratching my head on the dyno results.. just fig it would have turned out a little better. Pump gas 156hp, MR12 164 HP.

I have searched thru as much as I can on forums, I guess Im just not getting my answers really answered.

Thanks for your time and any help will be much appreciated.

1. unless you're getting decel pop, no pair mod needed
2. no TRE
3. no experience here
4. have a local tuner experienced/skilled with tuning Busas? Ask what he uses (PC, Bazzaz, ECU) then buy THAT.
5. replace the stock header. air filter.

I had the bike tuned yesterday with my pc III. But I have been reading so much on ecu this and that.. Im just all confused from reading so much stuff. I didn't know ab the TRE since it takes away limiters and sets to 5th gear map, but I guess doing a custom map replaces a tre? and i have a k&n and currently looking for a used Brocks full system.

Thanks for your info.

hopefully, other members with more tech savvy than me will chime in soon.

Ok. I have been away from the forums for a while and there seems to be alot that has changed since my last visit so Im trying to catch up on stuff. I have a 05 Busa with 20k on it, Stretched 6 over, GSXR 1000 tail swap, few other body mods. Here is the mods I have currently. Small Box mod ,K&N air filter, Moved AIT sensor to ram tube, Dual Yoshi slip ons, PcIII, Dyno'd for MR12 for track, Throttle body Sync, NGK Iridium plugs, Engine Ice. Sorry for the book... now here is where Im looking for answers.

I have been reading for ab a week searching for concrete answers. I know you ask 100 ppl a question u prob gonna get a 100 diff answers.

1. Yoshi slip ons and stock header is there a need to do a PAIR mod?
2. With the Pc III dyno'd should I get a TRE? If so whats the best to use?
3. I am wanting to do a Launch Master for the strip? Good thing or bad? I have noticed I cant multi task like i use to be able to so Im trying to eliminate all my variables on the line.Is there any issues that may come up in doing so. I.E... Fi light issues....
4. Whats better for the bike... PC III or ECU tune? or do both?
5. Without getting into the motor heavy... What is some other mods to boost HP... anything that does not require a build.. Im saving a build for when the motor takes a dump.

Sorry for all the quest.. Im just kinda scratching my head on the dyno results.. just fig it would have turned out a little better. Pump gas 156hp, MR12 164 HP.

I have searched thru as much as I can on forums, I guess Im just not getting my answers really answered.

Thanks for your time and any help will be much appreciated.
1. no need for pair mod
2.no tree
3.shouldnt be any issues with it.
4.you have a gen 1 correct me if i am wrong but i dont think they ecu tune them as much. i cant recall.
5.try some nos.

I had the bike tuned yesterday with my pc III. But I have been reading so much on ecu this and that.. Im just all confused from reading so much stuff. I didn't know ab the TRE since it takes away limiters and sets to 5th gear map, but I guess doing a custom map replaces a tre? and i have a k&n and currently looking for a used Brocks full system.

Thanks for your info.

I kinda thought you were pulling our leg, anyway a TRE doesn't remove the restriction it merely fools the bike into thinking it's in 5th gear all the time. I wouldn't. The Dyno looked right to me. You basically have a stock Gen I. The Brocks will help in that area. Other than that NOS is teh cheapest way to pick up some ponies. ECU editing could help you with removing the top end restriction and a few other things but for a Gen I the PCIII is fine.

1) Why not? Weight removal.
2) No Tre. You want the top-end restriction removed then use ECU editor to set it on the ECU itself. If you want 5th gear timing use ECU editor as well.
3) Just relearn the bike and practice, practice, practice. If you have problems with consistent smooth launches, get a clutch mod to rid of the factory torque limiter.
4) Pick one they all work but I prefer ECU Editor.
5) I have made 162hp on pump with a modded stock header 4-2-1, midpipe and fully modded canister, airbox mod, BMC Race filter, no pair and a good tune. Stone stock on the same dyno made only 146hp.

1) Why not? Weight removal.
2) No Tre. You want the top-end restriction removed then use ECU editor to set it on the ECU itself. If you want 5th gear timing use ECU editor as well.
3) Just relearn the bike and practice, practice, practice. If you have problems with consistent smooth launches, get a clutch mod to rid of the factory torque limiter.
4) Pick one they all work but I prefer ECU Editor.
5) I have made 162hp on pump with a modded stock header 4-2-1, midpipe and fully modded canister, airbox mod, BMC Race filter, no pair and a good tune. Stone stock on the same dyno made only 146hp.

Clutch mod??? great now something else I need to search for..lol Details plse...

I kinda thought you were pulling our leg, anyway a TRE doesn't remove the restriction it merely fools the bike into thinking it's in 5th gear all the time. I wouldn't. The Dyno looked right to me. You basically have a stock Gen I. The Brocks will help in that area. Other than that NOS is teh cheapest way to pick up some ponies. ECU editing could help you with removing the top end restriction and a few other things but for a Gen I the PCIII is fine.

Yes Stock motor... just trying to do all I can without really getting into a full build for now.(pistons, crank..etc)
Dont really wanna do NOS.. never been a big fan of it.. Not trying to push my luck with the stock motor.

Yea I was a little depressed to see the numbers on the dyno. I am gonna see if I can find a decent full exhaust or if I can get a really good deal on a alienhead.

I know I need alot more practice. Seat time is evrything. Just was trying to eliminate some of the issues. ( cant multitask like I use to )

I am going to get a full exhaust and do the pair mod soon and go to a diff dyno.. There is a local shop that does alot of ECU tunes with PC III's. Seems to be highly recommended around here. Not saying my last dyno guy was bad, just one is more into road racing and other into drag racing. Im sure not much difference. But i know diff tuners do different things. I have done the marble for now till I can get time to swap headers out. No need in doing twice the work.

Thanks guys for the help. Im sure ill be back for more answers soon.

Back