air box mod question

nickxxxr

Registered
im looking to do the small air box mod, and while im down there im gonna drop in a bmc race filter and some stock long stacks. but before i do all that i want to ask. is it okay to do all these mods without a tune? i have a set of yoshi rs3 slipons on the bike with no tuner. im waiting until i get the pc5 and full system before i get the bike tuned, so is it okay to do these few mods without getting the bike tuned right away? will it hurt anything? thanks in advanced

maybe ill pass on the air box mod anyway since it seems no real affect on a stock bike as well as it seems to take away torque in place of hp which i really dont wanna do. love the tq of this bike. sorry guys

Your bike obviously won't run as good as it would with a base map or idealy a dyno tune, but you won't harm anything untuned with modified exhaust and air box/filter either.

WIth no tune, leave it alone.

And I would not mess with the stacks, either, esp all long. The common mod was all short, but my bike made 217 with a 45 shot with a Shinko U-soft on the rear with the stock stacks. 172 on motor alone

Back