need parts help ?

big red 211

Registered
I just got a 01 busa.  I bought it totaled out and am going to rebuild it.  My plan is to lightly mod it now and do nothing but ride it this summer.  
smile.gif
 I'm sure that will happen.  
Here's the list of parts I need and what I was wonder would work in place of it.
Forks - what's the difference between the gold and silver ones?  Also I noticed someone used gsxr 1000 forks on their busa?  Whats better?
Front wheel - can I use a gsxr wheel?  2000-2007 work?
lower kit - some triple clamps are suppose to crack over time?  Which ones don't?
egr tubes - can I get rid of those with blockoff plates with no effect?
Front brakes - gold or ??  Which are better?

I also plan on the tre mod, probably a power commander.  Anything else that is normally done?

Thanks

The gold/silver is a year thing the gold is on the newer years.

Here are a list of upgrades I got for an 01:

First upgrade: upgrade to a newer clutch 2003+

Second upgrade....you can "slot" mounting area on at your starter and give the teeth more area to bite down. Unless you are running a big bore...the 2003+ starter setup is nice but not exactly "needed".

If you are replacing the upper clamp to lower you can put the gixxer front end on the busa (gaining radial brakes, lighter wheels and wave rotors) for a few more dollars beyond what busa stuff sells for on ebay if you watch, wait and buy. That would had gained you suspension upgrade and better brakes. (and if you invest in both wheels...less weight and less rotating mass)

Cool, I'll try to get a gsxr 1000 front end and take care of most of that stuff. Does it matter what year I get one off of? Or do all 2000 up work?

What about the egr stuff? Parts of it got damaged, I don't really want it there anyway but bikes are a little more temprimental than cars so I'm not sure?

Back