Need Help!

Rudat

Registered
Hey,

Well long story short it was a little cold and wet a couple nights ago and before the tire could warm she slipped out on me(right side). Nothing much, just out of the corner of a stop.

There is some fairing scraps, cracked windscreen, footpeg and my concern the brake lever.

I had almost everything replaced I am still looking for a footpeg and right fairing.

Why I am concerned about the brake is that after I replaced the lever I took her out for a spin. I though it was just a little windy but it seemed to happen to much.

What was going on was the bike was leaning to the right and pulling to the left!?! I was not leaning or putting any pressure on the bike.

As I rolled her into the garage I heard squeeling like something is rubbing. Could this problem be that my brake is stuck, causing the pull?

With a fall at this low of speed it can't be something serious, can it? I looked and there wasn't any internal damage(that I can see) the fairing only had minimal scratches.

Please let me know what you think, I feel like such a newb after letting my busa down. Suzy needs some love!

P.S. Mike Rudat, Acton Ontario Canada...Great site you guys have here(seriously) info is outstanding, too bad theres not many busa riders around this area------------------My Introduction.

Thank you and I appreciate all comments

Mike

Forks/steering head maybe out of alignment... If they are slightly twisted as you described this would cause the bike to pull to the left. (Think of your forks as you sit on the bike) When the bike went down it twisted then with enough force to break the fairing and windshield, thats a lot. The force applied would force the right fork in and towards the driver, the left fork would be pushed forward.... This is the same position they would be in if you were turning the bike to the left! Not sure about the brake seems suspect but not my first choice! Now, it seems the handle bars are slightly left in this position.

Like minds..
beerchug.gif

If the forks were bent would it be a constant pull? Because when I took her out it was only sometimes as if it were a strong gust of wind. My right leg is also up a little bit because of the bent peg.

Back