Need Help

GSXRFANN

FLUNKIE
Donating Member
Registered
Okay folks, here is my problem:
I have been drag racing for going on 8yrs. Up until this point I have been able to do it all on my own. Now with competition bein what it is, I am starting to find myself needing help with both parts, and money.
I have sent out SEVERAL resumes, and followed up with phone calls. Tried to be as professional as possible. I have not been able to obtain a single sponsor. I don't know what to do.
I am not even asking for lots of money. Like I asked one company to just pay my entry fees for the year, which is roughly $800. I asked another one to pay for my fuel, which is roughly the same amount of money. I have asked for discounts on parts (substantial), and still noone wants to help.
I have proven the I am competent with my skills and have won many races, and even won the championship in 2005, so I do have stats to back me up.
I have offered to place the potential sponsors' decals on my trailer, and on my bike or whatever.
I just don't know what to do. I wanna race and be competitive! Do any of you guys have any ideas? Would any of the board sponsors be willing to help or share ideas?

Oh, and just to let you guys know...I am not wanting a free ride (well, I guess we all do but.. ) I just can't afford it anymore by myself. I just bought a trailer to race out of and a truck to pull the trailer, so I am trying!! I am just out-o-money!!

Thanks,
Brian

Are there any local shops you can hit up? Seems like the small town guys (racing cars) around here hit up the local guys for sponsorships and seem to get 'em. The big companies already have so much in advertising, but the small guys might bite more...

Just a thought...I hope you find something soon Brian
bowdown.gif

Thanks, Michelle. Yeah there are several shops, but they all race and don't really help out the competition. I have tried all of them within 3 counties!! LOL!

(GSXRFANN @ Mar. 26 2007,15:55) Thanks, Michelle. Yeah there are several shops, but they all race and don't really help out the competition. I have tried all of them within 3 counties!! LOL!
Not just race shops...I'm so small town, it's hysterical, so forgive me...I'll head up to the local dirt track and I see every small town restaurant and gas station painted on the side of a car...local hardware stores and the like?

Not easy finding sponsors, I know what you're going through. REALLY hard to find cash sponsors. Wish I had an easy answer for you.

Hey, they are fairly close. They are 2 cities away. I may give them a shout. Thanks!!

Start with people you know and build credibility and good standig with them. Sponsorship is advertising dollars in the sponsor's eyes.

Oh, never give a price in terms of sponsorship. If you find someone willing to help you as an independant racer $100 is better than $0.

Its hard as hell. The sponsors for my stock car are mostly small businesses but I have more area to put there name on a car and I leave the car infron t of there shop forn time to time (when its in decent shape and not wrecked LOL) I have a hair salon, a car hauling company, a local general store logging business etc. It is also a tax write off here in Maine for advertising maybe that will help you. A local parts store gave me a deal on parts 10% over cost saved some money, but didnt wan thter ename out there to many others bothering them for same deal.

Well, found out today that I was officially turned down again by a local hobby store!
This stinks!

You might try putting up an ad in a local paper or online (craigslist maybe?) that says what you're looking for.

It's hard to get sponsors for Drag Racing.
I've gotten a couple but nothing major. Mostly cost or a % above cost.
I've tired to get a couple of assoicate sponsors for the race series I race in. No luck with that either and thats only 200 for the season...
rant.gif

Back