NEED HELP!

fnewcomb

Registered
Greetings all,

I am in need of some assistance. I own a 2001 Hayabusa and recently did an engine swap on it. The replacement engine is out of an 04 with 13k on it and the PAIR system deleted. I have everything but the wheels and fairings back on it and went to test fire it. I can he the bike to turn over, and even fire but it won't stay running. I have to hold the throttle open which made it "idle" at 10k RPM. There is also a horrible backfire (really loud and consistent) when it is running. I swapped out the cam position sensor, the spark plugs and verified that all of the coil packs are delivering power to the plugs. I checked the inside of the tank, and its clean, no rust. I dumped nearly 5 gallons of fuel out of the tank and replaced it with HEAT and 93 octane still no difference. The only thing I have not done is manually clean the injectors.

Also I would like to note that aside from the backfire and stalling, the engine does not sound like it is misfiring. I am at a loss with what could be the issue. What am I missing? Thank you n advance for your responses.

Have you done the basic checks?
1) check the condition of the plugs, color etc
2) check the cam timimg is correct
3) check fuel pressure and delivery rate
4) compression check, leak down test
5) check electrical connections,
6) check state of battery,
7) check and test charging system output at stator AC voltage and at battery DC voltage
just a few things to look at to get started . . .
please report back as to how you got on.

Greetings all,

I am in need of some assistance. I own a 2001 Hayabusa and recently did an engine swap on it. The replacement engine is out of an 04 with 13k on it and the PAIR system deleted. I have everything but the wheels and fairings back on it and went to test fire it. I can he the bike to turn over, and even fire but it won't stay running. I have to hold the throttle open which made it "idle" at 10k RPM. There is also a horrible backfire (really loud and consistent) when it is running. I swapped out the cam position sensor, the spark plugs and verified that all of the coil packs are delivering power to the plugs. I checked the inside of the tank, and its clean, no rust. I dumped nearly 5 gallons of fuel out of the tank and replaced it with HEAT and 93 octane still no difference. The only thing I have not done is manually clean the injectors.

Also I would like to note that aside from the backfire and stalling, the engine does not sound like it is misfiring. I am at a loss with what could be the issue. What am I missing? Thank you n advance for your responses.
Did you replace the ecu with the one from the 04?

Did you replace the ecu with the one from the 04?

makes no sense if he keeps the old 16bit rotor (magneto)

the harness of 2001 and 2004 differ a lil bit and i guess that would be a bigger job to replace

no - the "easiest" way is to keep the 2001 ecm/ecu , its harness and take
the 2001 16bit rotor
Rotor%2016%20bit.gif

the 32bit
Rotor%2032%20bit.gif

rotor out of the old engine and put it into the new (´02-´07) one

but for the rotor you need a special puller-screw with an outer thread of M 20 x 1,5
and a 30 or 32 mm (open) wrench to counter hold the rotor.

the rotor fixing screw gets 120 Nm

then ur busa will run.

okay

second step

the conversion from 16 bit to 32 bit (at ´99 , ´00, ´01)

is described in detail ! here at my homepage
Google translate wont open that.
Any other wayto this data? Thanks.

Ive a 2007 turbo busa in a roadrace car, and my other cars have Gen 2's.

Programming range is incredible on gen2 especially for turbos, so I would like to switch harness and generator and ecu, and cam sensor. and rectifier
Unfamiliar with identifying rotors; are all gen 2 rotors same? they have same count and diff part numbers

Back