Need help with Joe Rocket Gloves

JPunisher

Registered
First Post :thumbsup: ! I was wondering if anyone has had experience with these gloves or can point me to a review:

Joe Rocket SpeedMaster 7.0

JoeRocket.com

I am also open to any suggestions.

Thanks,

JPunisher

First Post :thumbsup: ! I was wondering if anyone has had experience with these gloves or can point me to a review:

Joe Rocket SpeedMaster 7.0

JoeRocket.com

I am also open to any suggestions.

Thanks,

JPunisher

Welcome to the oRg. You will get many opinions on a good glove, brands are dependent on what you like. Bottom line, you want a glove that is not too small to fatigue your hands, and not too large to cause clumsiness. The ones you are looking at look good, full fingered, gauntlet style with armor. I wear something similar but not that brand. you want to protect your wrist too, which those do. :beerchug:

Review form Newenough.com

"The Speedmaster 7.0 glove is Joe Rocket’s best racing design. What’s different? The gauntlet area over the wrist has armor consisting of a combination of high density “memory foam” type padding covered by a harder molded piece. This configuration is very light weight and feels substantial, but still remains fairly flexible. The lining on the back of the hand and top of the wrist contains Kevlar material providing extra heat and abrasion resistance. Some of the more usual features are the molded knuckle and finger armor. They offer good impact protection to the back of the hand. The palm of the gloves is made with a soft and flexible kangaroo hide which is widely known for providing a great feel for the controls. There is a Velcro strap at the wrist that should help keep the glove securely on your hand in the event of a fall. The gauntlet also has a double Velcro closure/adjustment for a custom fit over your sleeves. Overall, the look of this glove is a bit unconventional, but the new approach to hand protection makes for a very functional and comfortable glove. "

Wow. That was fast:thumbsup:. Thanks. I was also looking at the

Joe Rocket GPX 2.0 JoeRocket.com

It is about $65 cheaper but I don't want to sacrifice safety. I would gladly pay the additional cash if I knew that I would have better protection and dexterity.

JPunisher

Wow. That was fast:thumbsup:. Thanks. I was also looking at the

Joe Rocket GPX 2.0 JoeRocket.com

It is about $65 cheaper but I don't want to sacrifice safety. I would gladly pay the additional cash if I knew that I would have better protection and dexterity.

JPunisher

webbike world review of the GPX 2.0
We've been reporting on the evolution of Joe Rocket clothing for several years, watching the quality rise from mediocre to first-rate during that time.

I remember not too long ago when buying a Joe Rocket jacket was nearly the social equivalent of buying a helmet at K-Mart. But how things have changed...

Joe Rocket gear is still a relative bargain, but the quality and the styling is, in my opinion, right up there with the best, and although I don't know this for sure, I'd bet that the Joe Rocket brand has got to be one of the top selling lines of motorcycle clothing around.

These GPX 2.0 gloves are a good example of how the company has changed and why their products are in such demand.

The gloves are new for 2006, and they are part of the GPX line, which is a relatively new Joe Rocket offering, holding down the middle of what might be called the "street performance" market, which includes the "Speedmaster" gear as top dog and the "Blaster" clothing at the other end.

There are several other Joe Rocket clothing lines, and only their marketing experts know what it all means, but the GPX gear seems to me to be "near race" ready, targeted at high-performance sportbiking or track day events.

The Joe Rocket GPX 2.0 gloves come with some pretty good credentials, with Pittards "Ceramic Infused" leather palms, just like some of the high-zoot Held gloves and other much more expensive types.

They also have plenty of padding on the wrists and knuckles and a double strength wrist closure, which is arguably one of the most important features on any motorcycle glove, but especially so with gloves that are marketed to the high-performance rider.

Unfortunately, I'm not sure what the stitching on the GPX gloves is made from, but it sure looks good. It wasn't very long ago when this type of quality, styling and features couldn't be found on a motorcycle glove at any price.

The GPX 2.0 gloves have thick padding over each finger knuckle, and a vented injection molded knuckle protector over the back of the hand. And the vent really does seem to work; I could feel the air rushing over the back of my knuckles while riding in cool weather recently.

There's plenty of leather on the palm, with extra reinforcement over the heel of the hand, around the thumb and forefinger and across the top of the palm just below the fingers.

The GPX 2.0 gloves have a dual wrist closure, with a thinner band that cinches around the wrist and secures with Velcro across the top of the glove. The gauntlet has thick padding on both the inside and outside of the wrist.

There's a section of Velcro attached to the middle of the gauntlet, just below the wrist (see photo below). The two sides of the gauntlet have elastic material with Velcro on each and they can be pulled over and secured, one on top of the other, to complete the seal.

Thanks. It looks like I should be good picking either one. So it all comes down to fit and movement. I know that cycle gear (online) carries them but I am not so sure of the local store. I will give them a call and find out if they are in stock. If they are, I will try them out before I buy.

Thanks again.

JPunisher

Review of GX 2.0 from New Enough

The GPX 2.0 glove offers a lot of features for a glove under $100. Most sport and track riders prefer a flexible material for the palm area of the glove, but also they want something that is reasonably abrasion resistant. The two most common materials for the palm are kangaroo or Pittards leather. This glove offers the Pittards option. “Pittards” is the brand name of a special leather that is treated to offer abrasion resistance yet feels soft and thin (for good control feel). This glove also offers externally stitched fingers. If you look at the close-up pictures (take the “View Larger Pictures” link above), you see the edges of the leather in the fingers are sewn to the outside rather than inside. The overall look is not quite as tidy as an internally stitched glove, but the external stitching makes for a more comfortable glove, especially for motorcycles where there is a lot of grip pressure. This glove also offers the other usual features found in a race glove: gauntlet with armor, molded knuckle protection, positive wrist closure, etc. One other feature worth mentioning: this glove has “ram air” venting in the knuckle protector and a good portion of the back of the hand is perforated, so this glove should be comfortable in warmer weather.

2.0 for 89.99
7.0 around $132

Back