Need help please!

mitrls10

Registered
I've had a busa for a while and just found out bout this site and I need assistance. This may not be the right forum to post this but please dont flame me lol. First of all I'm a certified master technician when it comes to cars but I dont know everything about bikes. I have a 02 busa and riding it one day and someone turned in front of me and is smashed my front end and ended up skidding on the right side. I broke my neck and shoulder and stuff like that and took me a while until I was able to work on it but anyways I just got a instrument cluster for it and decided to try and crank it up. Put the cluster on and the temp gauge goes to hot but the temp light doesn't come on and it dont have any fire going to the fuel pump or starter. I drained the tank when I got out of my halo, which was 3 months or so it wasn't gummed up cause I put fuel in my other vehicles the same day as I did the bike and they fired right up. I disassembled the bike to see if it messed up any wires or broken anything and everything was fine and the only thing I found was a 2wire plug with black connector with black/white and tan wires, and a white wire with female end with connector missing and they are taped up in the same loom as the headlight wires but about 2 foot shorter and I cant find anywhere they go. Yes the battery is charged, yes it has fuel in it, yes I took the plugs out and sprayed oil in the cylinders but couldn't spin the engine over cause crank bolt cover was stripped out. Please help lol.

and btw its dark and I cant see to take the kill switch off the handlebar but I have a feeling that might be a cause.

Bad ground somewhere? Sounds like one of those stupid easy fixes you search all day for.

have you checked the tip over sensor or the kickstand sensor?

not sure on teh gauges

are these the areas of you wires?

pic courtesy of Clymer

wires.jpg

Last edited:
Dang lot of comments quick, thanks guys.

I'm in albany, ga.

Nope wont spin over, dont click, dont try to crank, no fuel pump priming, I also pulled the kill switch apart and the wires are still intact but I dont have a DVOM or test light on me to check to see if they are actually working.

I havent checked the tip over sensor where is that?

That looks like the wires I was talking about thanks for the diagram. I looked at it again and its missing one of the headlight connectors so that white wire must be part of that and the other plug must just hang there. Thanks.

I cant remember if it does this or not when you first turn the key on before cranking but the gauge digital display says chek

everything was fine and the only thing I found was a 2wire plug with black connector with black/white and tan wires, and a white wire with female end with connector missing and they are taped up in the same loom as the headlight wires but about 2 foot shorter and I cant find anywhere they go. Yes the battery is charged, yes it has fuel in it, yes I took the plugs out and sprayed oil in the cylinders but couldn't spin the engine over cause crank bolt cover was stripped out. Please help lol.

kind of hard ot tell if it is tan or not, but the closes wire I seein teh diagram above that has a tanish wire and a black/white goes from the ignition switch to a relay between the left blinker and high beam.

The only white one I see goes from the low beam to the low beam fuse then changes to yellow.

It might be a brown its really hard to tell in the dark with a light on but where is the relay it goes to?

Also the lights on the power commander dont even come on when the ignition is turned on.

All the fuses I can see are good as well. There is a fuse panel with 8 fuses then one on the middle of the frame with 2 30a fuses and 2 huge wires going to them and they are good too. Are there any more fuses than that?

Dude...sorry about your wreck.

You've come to the right place, and asked the right people. You'll get what you need.

Amazing that you're able to do what you are, considering all you've been through.

Props to you. :beerchug:

you could try a resistance test on the TO sensor. It seems to affect all you are saying that is happening

K I've unplugged the to sensor and tried to crank it still nothing, got a paperclip and touched the 2 wires together on the harness side still nothing..

Under the nose there is a unused 12v (2 connector) for the euro models...somebody please correct me if I have stated it wrong...that might be what you have found.

Elec issues are a pain

Back