Need Help on mounting gsxr 1k swingarm mod on 1st Gen Busa

El_Rey

Registered
Ok so i bought a 02 Gsxr 1k shock+ swingarm & 02 gsxr 600 wishbone links and knuckle. I mounted the shock first problem was tip over sensor i remounted it to the left side of the tank backet thats done. I then mounted the swingarm kuckle and wishbones and all hell broke loose the swingarm is hitting the captivity/battery tray underneath the bike thus making no kinds of swingarm travel at all. Where did i mess up on this mod :banghead: ??? :banghead:

Oh yeah sorry Hi Im Ray :laugh:

Sounds like you need shorter links maybe?? The longer the links the lower the bike will sit.

i tried that and the swingarm still its where i want it to be also the the shock starts to bottom out on swingarm.

Heres what i did i have the Busa swingarm, stock busa bones, gsxr 1k shock & 600 knuckle and it raised it an 1 inch so far not to bad this is my Frankenstien Busa :laugh: id figure id try to work with what i got since i bought all these parts already but ima order soupy 1+ raised links still and little by little (1/4 increments) to tune my suspension to were i like it the most.

taller an 1-1 1/2 iche taller and shorter wheel base = more lean angle so you dont scrap hard parts and fairings. I do mostly track days then ride streets so its a better advantage at the track and you can keep up with liter bikes also in turns which is priceless to me.

El_Rey said:
taller an 1-1 1/2 iche taller and shorter wheel base = more lean angle so you dont scrap hard parts and fairings. I do mostly track days then ride streets so its a better advantage at the track and you can keep up with liter bikes also in turns which is priceless to me.

Nice! Thanks for the info!

Back