Need Help Maybe A Radiator

solarbarack

Donating Member
Registered
When putting my bike bake together after removing my pair valves, I don't know how but I forgot to mount the horn. I hit the front brake and it poked a hole in my radiator. It only got one fin but, I'm looking for ideas, and options. I'm working on a budget here but I'd rather not skimp. Maybe try JB Weld? Worst part is I should know better. Ive been working on my own bike for ten or more years.
sad.gif

I had the same problem. It was hard to find someone to repair it. I was able to find a guy who welded mine for me. It ran me about $100. Considering the price of a new one. I had it welded

I don't know if I would trust the JB weld. You may want to check out a radiator shop and see what they can do. I have had car radiators repaired pretty inexpensively.

get a map gas torch and some soder(sp) thats what the rad shops use anyhow..

Or you can cut the tube out all together, and soder the lines shut at the tank ends..

Brad? Is that your real name? I thought it was PHIL!! Good luck man.... NOTE TO SELF... No Horn = radiator problems.

The right radiator shop can fix it. Don't make a mess out of it trying to fix it yourself before finding a shop that can fix it.

Take everybody's advice and don't gunk it up as that will make a proper repair more expensive. Find a real radiator shop and have it brazed properly.

Back