Need HELP fast!

05BusaBlue

Registered
I have an 05 Busa and new lowering links that can drop the bike 3 inches from stock hight.
Is there anyone who can give me step by step details of how to remove the old links and install the new ones? I don't know if I have to jack the bike up and then compress the shock to remove the old ones and install the new ones. Only need to drop the bike an inch.

Please Help!
Thanks

either jack stands or rear stand on the swing arm, then floor jack on the shock after you take the belly wing off
wink.gif
then probably will need some gynormous dude or an impact wrench to get the stock bolts loose .... after that, its kinda easy to figure out
biggrin.gif

I do have jack stands and and a couple of 2 ton jacks so where do I place which, and both fairings have to be removed to place the jack on the frame correct. Sorry I work on my camaros a lot but not my bike.

stands go under the swing arm, near the spool mount holes in the rear
jack should go under the shock under the bike, kinda dead center on the bike
unless you are *really* good, yeah remove the two side panels and the lower wing and you should be good to go.... dont forget the bolts on the stock piece will be on there like crazy so eat your wheaties or something before trying to do that by hand
wink.gif

you'll be able to play with it a little while you have it up to see how the adjustment will work out and having a second person to help out is good too

HTH
cool.gif

stands go under the swing arm, near the spool mount holes in the rear
jack should go under the shock under the bike, kinda dead center on the bike
unless you are *really* good, yeah remove the two side panels and the lower wing and you should be good to go.... dont forget the bolts on the stock piece will be on there like crazy so eat your wheaties or something before trying to do that by hand
wink.gif

you'll be able to play with it a little while you have it up to see how the adjustment will work out and having a second person to help out is good too

HTH
cool.gif
+1, lowered mine an inch today. Them bolts are on there so have a friend to help support the bike just in case.

Back