Need help building a longevity parts list

Airavata

Registered
Hi, board. I currently live in India, and will be buying a Hayabusa in January. I've posted in a few other threads, on specific topics, but figured I'd throw this out to the whole board, to get wider coverage.

There are less than 200 Hayabusas in all of India, so parts aren't going to be easy to get. I don't exactly know what the aftermarket environment looks like here yet, since the "Big Bike" segment is just starting to come into existence. What I am looking to do is build a list of maintenance parts that will enable me to ride as long as possible before having to do replacements. The roads here are not stellar, so I won't be doing any knee-dragging, and very few jackrabbit starts from stoplights. So, I won't be really stressing the bike much. I also don't need anything that boosts the horsepower or acceleration in any way, since the bike is already overkill here.

So far, I have basically established that the Avon Storm 2 is going to be my best bet for replacement tires, which is probably good since they are a UK brand, and therefore more likely to be available here than, say, Metzeler. Michelin is almost certain to be available too, so The Pilot Road is an alternative, though I haven't heard anything from this board about how good they are. The roads, as I noted, are not great, and often have sand piles, cow dung, and diesel spills, so high speed twisties are pretty much out; therefore I'm looking squarely at high-mileage touring tires.

I'll be doing my best to get the EK 530ZZZ chain, as it sounds like it will live forever in a low-stress environment if kept clean. I still need input on sprockets, brake pads, oil and air filters (reusable if possible), and any other fast-wearing parts. Fluids are not an issue; apparently, due to the huge population of motorcycles here, they have access to high-end motorcycle-specific oils, lubricants, and hydraulic fluids.

I thank you all in advance, and yes, I'll be posting 'Busa pics from exotic spots here starting next year.

BTW, "Airavata" is going to be the name of the bike. It's the name of the god-king of all elephants, ridden by the King of the Gods here in India. The elephant is also known as "creator of clouds" (as in tire smoke, in my case, though probably only once when the OEM tire is nearly gone). He's white, so since I'm going to be getting the Pearl White version, and the bike looks kind of cloud-like, I thought the name fit quite well. I'll be peeling the kanji graphic, and having the name written in Sanskrit on the fairings.

Last edited:
For tires, I ride with Pilot Road 2's and love them for twisties and the 120 mile round trip commute I have. Check them out if you decide not to get the Avon tires.

I guess I should add one thing, as apparently I'm not the only member here located in India: I am currently residing in a small city on the eastern coast of India, in one of the more underdeveloped states, and my description of the various road hazards here was specific to the city I live in, and to the roads I'll primarily be riding. There are many cities here with clear, modern streets and semi-sane traffic, so please don't get the idea that the whole country is nothing but goat paths, mud, and bad drivers.

Last edited:
Do you live near Puri btw? One of the best ocean with waves IMO. Been there couple of times and loved it every time. :thumbsup:

Edit: btw, get a storage place on 2nd floor or so for monsoon season. As it's infamous for flooding just like New Orleans here :p

Last edited:
Back