Need help asap

busabrother

Registered
Hey guys, i am actually in my (cold ass) garage right now. A few days ago i removed my tail section antivcipating the arrival of my undertail. I removed the rear plastic, then the fender battery tray section. Guess what... I am trying to put this bad boy back together. I can't even begin to remember which screw/nuts/bolts go where. Does anyone have a pic or pics of their rear end (hayabusa) so i can see where these things go. I need to get a service manual...i know, but right now dont have one. any help is appreciated!

Thanks geebman, i think this may help. Hate to throw salt on a company. but the rumble import undertail is a bitch to put on. I got the undertail with no instructions. i called the company in canada. they emailed me four pics. thats it 4 pics. no written directions whatsoever. look at these pics and tell me if this makes installing any clearer.

MV_023S1.jpg

four... no wiring instructions, nada... i guess i can figure it out. but for a company that seems to sell a gang of these things no directions?? WTF!! if you want to check em out its
www.rumbleimport.com. I hope i can install it at least by tomorrow.

MVC_04S.JPG

Dude that sucks big time!

I don't know which undertail that is but if it has no turn signals(by themselves), I would recommend going to a Uhaul trailer place and get a $20 integrator to wire the lights into so everything blinks/operates normal.  I am sure it has blinkers but they work through the tail lights right?  Unless it came with one you will need an integrator!  

I put an undertail on my friends GSXR-600 and that thing was a PITA!  Instructions sucked and wiring diagram was crap.  Just take your time and install it how you want.  Don't start cuttin things and then check to see if it fits.  See what needs to clear and then cut one piece at a time and re-check it.  It is time consuming but the end product will be worth it.  Plus, if you cut to much you will have to buy a new factory undertail tray.  Then you will be down for the count because you can't put it back to STOCK without a new one anyway.

Good luck and take your time.  If you need some help with the bolts, post a pic of them and someone will be able to tell you were they go.  Let us know if you need anymore help.

Josh  
cool.gif

<!--EDIT|Got-Busa?
Reason for Edit: None given...|1070990206 -->

Undertails are all a SOB to install from what I have heard/learned. My Mototeck was not too bad but had very poor instructions and crappy so-called "hardware" included. Plus the hugger does not fit real well. I need to play with it still. For that matter the whole undertail does not fit that well but it looks good. I am just picky. And I hate what it did to the stock trunk. It is all pretty much wide open to rain now becaue of the way you have to trim it. I will try to come up with a solution to this later. Can't wait to get some LED's from Iceman.

Well I have an FSD undertail and if i had to do it again, I wouldn't. Holes didn't line up and there's a 1/8-1/4 in gap between the end of the undertail and the end of the rear cowl...

Live and learn
sad.gif

maybe I got lucky, but my topgun went super smooth, and the link from the mods section gave me all the info I needed.

Back