Son of a *@#!$^$

Olde

Registered
I need some help! I was removing the rear tail section to put on my undertail kit, and the hex bolt on the bungy post under the rear seat stripped. I think the screw was cemented in! Any ideas?

The "frankenstein bolt?"- dremel for a big flat head and use an impact driver?
rock.gif
??

I stripped one of my bodywork fasteners, don't know why it was so tight. It had no locktite and was threaded cleanly. I ended up using an easy out on it.

I dont know what size that hex is but if its a 4mm for example then just get a 4mm drill and drill the center , the head will pop off them you can drill and tap the hole accordingly.

PM me if you dont understand or need some more help.

tap the end of the frankenstein bolt towards the threads to help loosen the friction then use vice grips or a small pipe wrench.

Hammer impact bolt remover, you can also flatten two sides of the exposed bolt with a dotco and use a pair of vice grips. Easy-out would be the next step I'd use... All good advice, just take your time and it'll come out!

vice grips fix all. one of my bodywork bolts was stock before too. the one that threads through the fairing and into the kickstand bracket. i ended up hacking up the kickstand bracket and the bolt with a dremel to save my paint... and ordered new parts. what a pain in the ass

I went thru the same B/S taking off my side fairings on my BRAND NEW 2006! HTF do you all of a sudden get one that just wont move??? I made the mistake of trying to drill the head off,which resulted in melted plastic.........

I went thru the same B/S taking off my side fairings on my BRAND NEW 2006!  HTF do you all of a sudden get one that just wont move??? I made the mistake of trying to drill the head off,which resulted in melted plastic.........
That SUX! Same thing happened to my '05. Lucky for me it happened at the stealership when they were removing the Fairing to fix and oil leak. Ididn't have to deal with it. They did. Of course that's the LAST thing they did but that's a whole different story...

<!--EDIT|MoosesBusa
Reason for Edit: None given...|1140022248 -->

The "frankenstein bolt?"- dremel for a big flat head and use an impact driver?
rock.gif
??
That is the better idea than mine but I was also assuming the bolt was crossthreaded.

My GSX-R1000 has a few hex bolts in with red loc-tite! Ive already had to drill out one that absolutely was not going to come out any other way.

All good ideas here.

When mine stripped, I drilled the hex, hammer (lightly) an extractor, use a T-handle to connect the extractor and torque it out. Should come out no problem.

Back