Need Gen 1 gear position sensor help

Rutanfan

Registered
Hi. I hoping that I can get some help. I am building a trike with a Hayabusa engine. For my electric reverse system I want to create a safety feature so that it needs to be in neutral to enable it. I am having a hard time understanding the voltages around the gear position sensor. In the wiring diagram for a 2004 motor there is a blue wire from the GPS that goes to the side stand relay, neutral lamp and the ECU. My understanding is that when the transmission is in neutral that the GPS provides a 5-volt signal to the ECU, but this same wire goes to the relay which should be 12-volts. Can someone tell me how and where to tap into the gear position sensor wiring to get a neutral position signal that I can use for the safety feature? Thanks in advance!

GPS.JPG

2004 Hayabusa wiring diagram.JPG

Hi. I hoping that I can get some help. I am building a trike with a Hayabusa engine. For my electric reverse system I want to create a safety feature so that it needs to be in neutral to enable it. I am having a hard time understanding the voltages around the gear position sensor. In the wiring diagram for a 2004 motor there is a blue wire from the GPS that goes to the side stand relay, neutral lamp and the ECU. My understanding is that when the transmission is in neutral that the GPS provides a 5-volt signal to the ECU, but this same wire goes to the relay which should be 12-volts. Can someone tell me how and where to tap into the gear position sensor wiring to get a neutral position signal that I can use for the safety feature? Thanks in advance!

View attachment 1647244

View attachment 1647245
Not sure if your planning on using the stock gauges off the busa but if so wouldn't it be easy enough to find the neutral light wire and tap into it.

Back