~~ Need a rear caliper bolt ~~

omslaw

Michelle owns my Busa
Staff member
Administrator
Hmmm. Was working on the bike and lost one of my rear caliper bolts.

I was just gonna run by the hardware store to see if they had something that would fit - but I'd thought I'd check to see if anyone had one lying around. Anyone?

No sorry dont have one, But I would go to your local Suzuki dealer! Hardware store might not be strong enough! JMHO!

Pffft! The stealer doesn't stock them.

Besides - I've seen someone shear the bolt head right off by tightening too much. I'm sure a Grade-8 bolt will be just as strong...even stronger.

I was just hoping someone had one lying around in their spare parts collection...

Omar, 8mm bolt will do it for you. Any grade will do. Do you have ace hardware in Kansas?
They have plenty of 8mm stainless steel bolts, I prefer alien heads, looks better and strong enough.

If you still want stock I can ship it to you on Monday, I`m not using stock bolts anymore.
beerchug.gif

The caliper bolts have a round head to them. I thought I might have an extra set, but the closest I have stick out of the opposite side of the caliper by about 2mm and they have a round head to them.

You can have these two if you want, but again, they stick out a bit, probably not enough to worry about anything,,,, but

If I were you, and you wanted to be correct, I would just order the other while wearing a hardware store extra.

Be sure to use a liquid blue thread-lock when torquing.

Sorry, bro, I tried.
rock.gif

Back