oil pan bolt broke

hoginme

Registered
I was helping a friend change his oil pan on his busa since the previous owner had stripped the pan. Since I had just did this on mine I helped him out. As i tightened one of the longer bolts (with the torque wrench) I heard a loud pop. At first I was like **** then I pulled the bolt and it came out in 2 pieces so I guess the bolt was bad or was stretched or something? Anyway I need this part number BOLT, REAR
01547-06403 can I get the same size bolt at a hardware store that will work if so anyone know what size or what I ask for. He doesn't really want to wait for the stealership to get the part since they always take forever.

I can't believe your using a torque wrench? I hand tighten mine to save the headache. All by feel.

Anyway, I am thinking you can get that at a HW store. Just make sure the thread is the same course and length and tensile strength and you should be fine.

I myself know that the one bolt is worth waiting for and will wait to have the correct one on Monday.

lol they dont call me heavy handed hank for nothing even though my names not hank. I just use it to be safe i torqued it to what it said 10 nm

Just bring the broken one with you to the hardware store, match them up
super.gif

Back