Need a Little Help Guys & Gals!!

Yea I mean I will bear mind to the fact that I should replace it. I will prob ride the bike this season and in the winter ill pull the arm and replace the bearings just to be safe.
Nice job! Heck with repulling did it roll well in the hand? You are most likely ok with that 1 nick if it was rolling not binding the cage looked fine isn't deformed or going to break. Leave it or replace it now.

Nice job! Heck with repulling did it roll well in the hand? You are most likely ok with that 1 nick if it was rolling not binding the cage looked fine isn't deformed or going to break. Leave it or replace it now.
It actually rolled great. no restrictions, no binding even after being pressed in again. I really have no concern that it will fail and it will allow me to get the bike back together for now.

It actually rolled great. no restrictions, no binding even after being pressed in again. I really have no concern that it will fail and it will allow me to get the bike back together for now.

Sorcerry I say! lmao!

Congrats on being extremely fortunate, and I'm glad it worked, you better buy a lottery ticket!

Yea I mean I will bear mind to the fact that I should replace it. I will prob ride the bike this season and in the winter ill pull the arm and replace the bearings just to be safe.
Gambling man are you ? ? :firing:
Good job though, really should have bit the bullet and replaced.
You should email that Adams arm supplier and ask them what the hell are they doing, fitting the new bearings without the distance tube in there.
Idiots! They should have supplied the arm with the bearings separate and a warning note to be sure to assemble correctly WITH the distance tube installed.

You should email that Adams arm supplier and ask them what the hell are they doing, fitting the new bearings without the distance tube in there.
Idiots! They should have supplied the arm with the bearings separate and a warning note to be sure to assemble correctly WITH the distance tube installed.
HAH!! it was my fault...I seated the bearings after powder coating it. I didnt dismantle it though I had my guys pull the bearings and sand blast it so I could Powder Coat. I had no idea that distance tube belonged in there until I moved my factory arm and heard the jingle and then realized why my damn bushings kept falling in. I did grease the bearings very well before pressing in so maybe that is why it came out so easily.

I sure as hell would not risk the bearing if it was on a wheel or something but the swing arm the bearings do not even ever make a full revolution so I figure a season of riding with frequent checks and then I pull the arm post season to replace. I will also report back on my findings when I pull it to replace lol.

It looks so empty down there lol.
I have to install the tail fairing so I can judge where my wheel will sit. I want to have it even with the tail of the bike.

68C3951D-1C4E-4F36-9A7A-79101FE0654C.jpeg

039E53B3-476D-4A66-9A8B-BBEC140FEDDF.jpeg

I put an arm on my old bike... put bearings in freezer.... dropped right in..... however.. I have no garage so I had to hang the bike from a tree outside my condo... quite the sight.... it was the biggest PITA ever.... that was the last time I will ever work on a motorcycle.... im done forever.

I put an arm on my old bike... put bearings in freezer.... dropped right in..... however.. I have no garage so I had to hang the bike from a tree outside my condo... quite the sight.... it was the biggest PITA ever.... that was the last time I will ever work on a motorcycle.... im done forever.
OMG Ali please tell me you took pics. How can you perform a feat like that and not take pics.
How’s the turbo monster doing btw? I love that bike!

OMG Ali please tell me you took pics. How can you perform a feat like that and not take pics.
How’s the turbo monster doing btw? I love that bike!
its in storage...… blizzard tomorrow...… I really didn't ride it much all summer…. less than 1k miles.... i worked.... a lot... as far as hanging the damn thing from the tree.... one of my neighbors REPORTED me to the condo association..... unreal man.... apparently they don't want shadtree mechanics in this association... I was out there for 12 hours wrestling with the bike...… im over it.

Back