Need a better Undertail/Lights

Rauzer

Donating Member
Registered
So I have this undertail. My wife was driving behind me the other day and said she can barely see my turn signals. This was on the bike when I got it. They're just little yellow lights. So I need something that can be seen. Pashnit sells the Hotbodies SBK2 that looks good to me. I have an 06 LE.

Any suggestions?? I'm guessing the Hotbodies one blinks the round stop lights in red? And on his site, it looks like I dont need anything else to make the lights work correctly (blinkers/stop)? Thanks!!

DSC01944.jpg

i'm interested in this too, i have the clear alternatives led integrated turn signals, and people have said during the day they arent super easy to see just so you know.....

Hotbodies have 3 yellow on the outer edge that work as turn signal. The red are only for the running/brakes. The brakes are still hard to see, actually been thinking about adding 10 reds to my running/brake lights on my undertail.

Hotbodies have 3 yellow on the outer edge that work as turn signal. The red are only for the running/brakes. The brakes are still hard to see, actually been thinking about adding 10 reds to my running/brake lights on my undertail.

This is what they look like, from the Hotbodies website...

Wondering how bright the lights really are. Anyone have one of these??

61_sub_3-undertails-suzuki-1999-07-hayabusa.jpg

The standard have 6 LEDs for running/stop and 3 LEDs for turn on each side. You can't see them worth a damn.

The standard have 6 LEDs for running/stop and 3 LEDs for turn on each side. You can't see them worth a damn.

Is there another style or brand that is visible? I dont have the stock equipment, I bought it as it sits.

OMG!!!! 45bucks
the hoppy car trailer box from autozone does the same dam thing looks a little better,
leaves you some money for something else

beer, juice, candy, tissue, prophylactic's

thats how i would spend it...maybe not in that order :whistle:

what box?

i bought mine a few years ago off a shelf in a local bike shop for about 20. i didnt even look at the price of that one. but its the only one i could find on the net,

WTF!?!?!?!
I have the same undertail...it's called a "UFO Undertail"
My blinkers and breaks are probably the most visible out of any aftermarket ones my friends ride with. My guess is you have LED bulbs in there... Just change out the bulbs to simple regular ones man. When my blinker is on, the entire lens lights up yellow.

P.S. The HotBodies Undertail is actually pretty hard to see during the day... the sunlight reflects off the lens, and you just see a white shine.
Also, pull off the undertail u have and paint the trim white! =)

Last edited:
OK here is my 2c and what I did.

My undertail uses the standard 2" lenses and Like everyone else, Mine were way too dim during the daylight.

I searched high and low and came up with a workable solution.

It was a time consuming process since I had to carefully dismantle and fabricate to get these boards to fit.

Deal is they are extremely bright and the signals flash alternating Red/Yellow.

Here is a pic of the board and a link. You can get different colors to match your bike or preference. I went with just the basic yellow/red.

Be sure to get the right assembly in the 1.85 universal.

As for being bright? You won't be disappointed.

Be sure too, that you use an enclosure that is water proof to house them. I used a piece of PVC pipe designed for whole-house "central" vacuum systems. It is thin-wall and just the right size. I cut the pvc to length and placed it on a piece of waxed paper and poured epoxy to fill the end. This created the shell. You just need to be creative.

Let me know if you have any questions and I may be able to help.

Custom LED Universal Round LED Clusters

CustomLED.jpg

Back