Nedding some advice...

milesbm

Donating Member
Registered
Just wondering which style clutch slave support is the best and were I can find one the cheapest. Changed to stiffer springs last year and want to support it before the cover cracks.

bump.gif

I'd say any would get the job done.
I can't remember who had the cheapest prices, I'll do a search for you later tonight.

Mototeck has one for about $40, and if I'm not mistaken Schnitz Racing has them for about $35, or somewhere in that ballpark.

That second one looks like a lot better support. And if it is too expensive for me, would you want to sell the first one?

$ 80 for the first one and I think like 200 for the second one,the second one will save you if your chain breaks,thats why I'm switching.Its very thick! Check it out at Schnitz.

Yes, the second one is the shiznit! Got a built in case saver to protect the case and water pump from breakage if your chain snaps.....Made by the motorhead, I have one and like it....

Check out suzukihayabusa.org to find another great slave support from Motorhead. His is around $30 or $40 bucks...... It works great, too.....

NJ, let me know when you get your new one and how much for the old one. Also, this is a pretty quick install right?

If you put stiffer springs in the clutch you stress the metal and it cracks. This is the cheaper alternative to replacing the peice that holds the clutch slave down by the shifter.

And the way NJ is going with his new one it also protects the water pump, clutch slave, and maybe your foot from the chain breaking.

performance machine has a really nice billet one, thats probably what i am going to go with for looks and performance, but its not cheap, about $250.00

Back