Nasty Vibes

Badzuki

Registered
Hey out there...

Not to be an F-Tard, but I am a new Hayabusa owner and I am curious if this is a normal condition on the 08 or any other year Busa. At about 4500 RPM there is a nasty vibration during acceleration on my bike. Above or below that range, it is nice and smooth. The bike has Micron exhaust, but no other mods to speak of yet other than cosmetic stuff. Any thoughts or ideas about this issue? I was riding a BKing prior to this and it didnt have this issue. Any help will be appreciated! :banghead:

Thanks!

Thanks, thought that might be the case as there isnt a Power Commander installed and it hasnt had an ECU Flash yet. Getting ready to install a full exhaust system so I will resolve that issue when i change the maps.

Thanks, thought that might be the case as there isnt a Power Commander installed and it hasnt had an ECU Flash yet. Getting ready to install a full exhaust system so I will resolve that issue when i change the maps.

most have nasty vibes in that area, mines done 21,000 miles now, with ECU editor and 4 into 1 , vibes appear to have reduced or i no longer notice

Most the gen II's have a vibe in that area, but its not what I would consider nasty. Noticeable, but not real bad.

My Gen 1 has it there also.Was gone with a new map and yosh exhaust.Came back with the brocks.Need a retune and hopefully it goes away

My bike had it for two yrs. 2009. Right at 4500 I'd feel a vibe thru the grips and could feel it in my seat. You could rev it up slowly and hold it right there and it would just buzz. Above or below there was nothing. I looked and looked and found nothing. Just chalked it up to that's how the bike was. I got into an accident and when I was replacing the nose I went to take oem mirrors off. Left side I peeled rubber back and went to turn front screw and discovered it was already loose. Didn't really click as I was in middle of the nose project but after a few minutes I thought about it and put mirror back on and tightened both screws. Started bike up, revved it, no vibe. It was gone.

Long story short, check all nuts and bolts because one simple screw loose can give a vibe thru whole bike.

Back