N2O info

snowman_45

Registered
I was just wondering if a MPS dry spyder kit shooting a 50 shot is to much on stock internals. Also what spark plugs are you fellas running with juice.

GenI will handle 50 shot but will probably need fuel pump
GenII will not, and will definitely need fuel pump.
Ditch the OEM plugs and run simple CR9 plugs at .020 gap.

GenI will handle 50 shot but will probably need fuel pump
GenII will not, and will definitely need fuel pump.
Ditch the OEM plugs and run simple CR9 plugs at .020 gap.
fuel pump not needed for 50 shot..and stock plugs are cr9

fuel pump not needed for 50 shot..and stock plugs are cr9

GENII OEM plugs are CR9EIX I think. Irridium or platinum will burn the tip off.
Fuel Pump is absolutely required for GenII and is strongly recommended for GenI

So as you could probably tell Im a rookie when it comes to spray. Heres a rook question. Why do you close the gap up on the plugs, I mean I know you want a colder plug for spray but I thought you did that with the type of plug itself. Wouldnt less spark just leave unused fuel and spray in the cylinder.

With a power commander you could add fuel and be fine. You could even ramp up the fuel through the ecu by 5% or 10% when spraying and be fine.

So as you could probably tell Im a rookie when it comes to spray. Heres a rook question. Why do you close the gap up on the plugs, I mean I know you want a colder plug for spray but I thought you did that with the type of plug itself. Wouldnt less spark just leave unused fuel and spray in the cylinder.

Its not a rookie question at all. The charge density of a compressed chamber filled with fuel and nitrous is much greater than a N/A motor. Same problem with a turbo. The higher the density, the harder it is to fire across the spark gap. Cutting the gap down to .020" makes sure you don't have the occasional misfire. Its more of a problem at shots over 50 HP.

Back