N. Georgia riders beware

firedevil.gif

repost_2.jpg

Why does everyone on here get so upset when somebody does a repost?
I'm not trying to be smart, but it does seem to upset quite a few people.

Good one. I had not seen that before. The problem with that report is that it was made by people that are not riders so it doesn't offer the perspective of a rider to elaborate what 100Mph is and how easy it is to achieve speeds even higher that that. They should run statistics about how many people ride there and how many bikers make it out safely.

repost or not..it does address one thing.....it should be done on the track because its not just you your risking anymore

(chrisjp @ Nov. 07 2006,02:30) repost or not..it does address one thing.....it should be done on the track because its not just you your risking anymore
excellent........ NUFF SAID

I agree they sensationalize the numbers but no one mentions what the percentage is. 13 fatalities if 13,000 riders ride on that highway is about 1 in 1,000 if you have a highway at home where 1 person dies and only 1000 bikes ride on it you have the same percentage. I like how they make the passing look so scary too. When I pass I like to get out get past and get back in my lane. Not hang out in the other lane for an hour so I dont break the speed limit.

I think some of you are missing the point. Double yellow passing can be extremly dangerous. And 1 in 1000 who die is a unexceptable number for me. That ratio is very high. 1 in 10000 would exist if more execised cation.

(06BUSA @ Nov. 07 2006,07:50) I think some of you are missing the point. Double yellow passing can be extremly dangerous. And 1 in 1000 who die is a unexceptable number for me. That ratio is very high. 1 in 10000 would exist if more execised cation.
+1

(celticBandit @ Nov. 07 2006,02:37) Why does everyone on here get so upset when somebody does a repost?
I'm not trying to be smart, but it does seem to upset quite a few people.
i doubt anyone gets upset when someone makes a repost. half the time its not the persons fault for reposting because others that have already posted dont use good tag lines in their topics. an example would be "WTF", "you gotta see this", and so on. hell im guilty of doing that myself...but i gotta admit, it kinda fun calling someone on a repost
firedevil.gif

youbettarecognize.jpg

I think the state governments should set some money aside to build state run tracks for us. They spend money on all sorts of public recreation projects, why not motorcycle tracks? We need one right here in Columbus, GA. There are hundreds of young military guys that would really benefit from a public race track instead of having to learn to corner on the streets. That is exactly why I am soooooooo slow, no where to practice and my closest track is 5 hours away and around 200 a day to use.

Just throwing some ideas out there.

Alway's looking for more insite into our sport, I'm new to the site everything is new to me.

keep them coming.

Dont you just love how one sided media makes things. Ive lived up here since 2001 there are tons of bikers up here, what the news didnt say is that out of those 306 wrecks reported over 240 of them were tip overs and drops. They also forgot to mention all those WRX's and Evos and other ricecagers that outrun us bikers up in the mountains. Sheesh.

Looks like a great place to ride....

Can even pick up some spare parts cheap...
tounge.gif

Last year the county north of me had over 130 traffic fatalities. No special news coverage about that, just a fact of life in south FL. I wonder how many car/truck fatilities there were in the 5(?) counties in GA during the same time frame. Seems to me bikers are being singled out again.

good post im in birmingham thanks to you now i just found my new spot to ride.  thanks dog  busa 4 life

Back