Mystery parts?

Sean298

Registered
Pulling apart my busa with 50k on it to do transmission undercutting and a lot of other junk it desperately needed, first time really digging into a motor, its pretty enjoyable. Got all new gaskets in and some yamabond 5 to join the lower case. Any tips for this whole process?

Bigger issue is.. Are these things even from the busa bottom end? I think they were rolling around on the floor but I wanted to make sure they didn't fall out and if I put it back together without them my bike will explode..and I don't want that.. Lol!

c9640c744fddbcc568d36fd050deeb77.jpg

End of shift drum, behind the gear switch!
Also you need one more spring.

Yeah that's what I thought too, but no, it was on the floor near where I found the other pieces subject to being kicked around and stepped on. Good thing I found it, and in good shape, yay. I want to ride my busa :/ stupid transmission, stupid maintenance. Lol.

Might anyone know where these go? They're black bolts with an 8mm head and 35mm long. They aren't from any of the side covers I'm fairly certain. May be from the top end somewhere as I just did all the valve lash adjustments. I just can't place them. Help?
I have been pretty good about bagging and marking almost every bolt that comes out.

e872476c30efec5f566f24450e852843.jpg

Figured it out, I was putting a new o-ring on the water pump and took the bolts out to test fit it and never put them back in. Transmission will be here tomorrow! Absolutely can not wait.

Looks like you're doing alright :laugh: I take pix unless it's real simple. Good looking out John :bowdown:

Back