My wife had an allergic reaction to anesthesia

So HAPPY you both are home and she is recovering!!! Continued prayers for her to be back 100%. In this case it is a "positive" thing to have all her test come back NEGATIVE!!!!! :thumbsup:

Yes it is good all came back negative but now it seems to point the finger back at the anesthesiologist. I know not enough to know who's fault this is or even if there is any fault. I guess it's time call my atty and see what he thinks is best. Whether he comes back and says yes there is fault or no there isnt will be something he can discover not I.

Yes it is good all came back negative but now it seems to point the finger back at the anesthesiologist. I know not enough to know who's fault this is or even if there is any fault. I guess it's time call my atty and see what he thinks is best. Whether he comes back and says yes there is fault or no there isnt will be something he can discover not I.

Uh oh, so this might not have just been a bad reaction? Best not say too much here Blanca, but I hope things work out and most importantly, I'm just glad she's OK and on the mend :thumbsup:

Give her our best!!

Uh oh, so this might not have just been a bad reaction? Best not say too much here Blanca, but I hope things work out and most importantly, I'm just glad she's OK and on the mend :thumbsup:

Give her our best!!

Your right. I'm not yet in any mind to lay blame. There still are many unanswered questions though. I will say that it was not the first time she had been under anesthesia so the question begs? What happened? Again I'm not rushing out to slap anyone with a lawsuit. Even my mother who's very suspicious after listening to the surgeon felt genuine concern and said 'boy it's hard to hate that guy'. I feel though unfortunately it will take an atty to get to the bottom of it all.

I am sure the hospital is already looked into what happened. Hopefully it wont come down to attorneys, but it is good to have one in your hip pocket if they don't give you all the answers you need. God forbid if she should need to have another surgery in the future. She needs to know if it was something in the mix that she is allergic to and just didn't know. Or if it was just a freak accident. Humans are involved and we are not perfect.

The most important thing though is she is on the mend. God bless!

Questions and legalities aside, glad to hear that her health is heading in the right direction and everybody gets a bed to rest in. :) :cheerleader:

Continued best wishes on all fronts! :beerchug:

:thumbsup: What a wonderful thing to hear. :thumbsup:

Take care of your Babe, them thar be the :rulez:

Tell the wife we all pulled very hard for her fast recovery. :cheerleader::cheerleader:

It felt great to be able to stretch out, but I didnt get much sleep as now I'm the nurse :banghead: :)
I kept wishing for the little remote with the 'nurse' button.

I got an image of an old school candy striper nurse. Should we get you one of these?

ImageUploadedByTapatalk1308761747.489060.jpg

Yeah but one in blue please :)

I came to work today to rest ??? :)
Gonna take a nap at my desk.

She's home and her mother is nurse maid for a few hours.

Saiid, sorry to hear about this scary situation. Came in on the aftermath...sorry I wasn't keeping closer tabs. Thank God she is okay. Gas passers are the black magic in the operating room. They have the easiest job in the room when everything is going right...which is about 98% of the time. It is that 2% of the time that is hard to swallow...it is a chinese fire drill and one of the guys is blind, the other deaf, and the third is lame...it can be that crazy. The drugs and gasses they use can have unkown effects on the patient. The patient can have had multiple surgeries before w/o a problem and then the ceiling caves in. I hope it doesn't come down to a lawsuit for ya. The main thing...she is alive and healthy girl. What a scary scary time for the two of you...God bless...

Back