My turn

vman1300

Never Forgotten
Well another Bash has come and gone. I constantly look back over the years to when this great rally stated.

Tom(Warbaby), Bryan(Zukracer) and others started the Busa Bash concept several years ago. It was set as a laid back rally where members of the .oRg could get together for some great riding and even better chat around the fire.

There were no attitudes and no pressure to ride over ones head. Where the emphsis was on lets enjoy our time together, not lets see who can get to the overlook the fastest. Basically the ETR motto "Check your attitude at the Door" type of rally.

I was unfortunatly absent from the 1st Spring Bash, but attended the 1st Fall one. I was able to meet all sorts of new people who have become life long friends. Tied together by our passion of riding.

From there it has been like a snowball rolling down the mountain. We have grown this event into a premier gathering of Hayabusas' from all over the East Coast. Lots of folks are treating this as a vacation and before long, we may be staying a whole week!

We have added sponsor give aways, a photo shoot and hopefully someday magazine coverage. I do want to thank Ian at Redline stands for offering up a stand, the tools offered by Kevin(I think), Doyle for the tank pad, Cap for the shirts, Lees Performance for the shirts. You all are the best. Darryl Cannon and Jacob(killboy.com) for doing our shoot on Saturday. You have become a great friend over the years and a outstanding photographer, and a big plus for having a wide angle lens.    

Last years group shot was outstanding and I did not ever think that we could pull off one greater, but as all know we eclipsed last year by about 13. Maybe next year we will have to have 2 lines since we will have so many there. That would be awsome!

This year, I finally got a chance to meet our great owner of the board. Doug I know you say you like to hide behind a keyboard, but my brother, you are a great person to hang out with. I am so glad to finally put a face to a name and a voice. I also know it was said at the rally but it is worth repeating, Thanks for all YOU do to keep this great site going. None of the great events would be possible without the .oRg to bring us all together. Again, thanks and you need me for anything, if I am capable, I am there.

I can never thank everyone by name that did something special or offered help in getting this pulled off with a hitch, but I am truely humbled by this great board. With selfless acts of generosity and thrashing to make sure a brother can ride and enjoy the rest of the trip was outstanding. I was even given a gift for trackdays, Thanks for the tail section, sorry I cant remember the names but I do remember the faces....  

This year we kinda played a joke on Chelle and for those that knew before, THANKS for keeping it under wraps. That was impressive. Chelle it was priceless seeing your face, glad we can make you smile. You say you dont like pink, but you sure look good in red!

What to I take away from the Bash?

10 Truck loads of memories that are priceless.

It was great to see some old friends and meet some new people that I hope are a part of many Bash's to come.

For the late night campfire crowd, I really think my gut is still hurting from all the laughing. Too much lie telling and bench racing.

It was a pleasure getting together again, watching you all ride the roads in my backyard. For those that asked for a bit of help with lines, I hope I was able to help you all and show you a smooth line through some of the curves. Now get thee to a trackday.

Now the big question, where do we go from here? What would you like to see?

I want the Bash to continue to grow and apeal to all. This is YOUR event, I am just along for the ride.

All I need are dates for next year so I can begin the planning...one of the Harley guys that came with me has already stated that we're staying AT PHILLIPS for 2 nights, so that's in the works...with or without Mike
laugh.gif

I can't say enough about how I felt this year...just great to meet some new members, to see familiar faces, to hear how everyone rallied behind those that went down and got one Busa back in good riding condition to salvage the weekend's riding, the pink shirts are forever an amazing memory for me, the TP'd Busa and my chicken strips getting smaller
biggrin.gif

It's an amazing feeling to know that so many from all over the country came along for the ride.  A couple that rode with us on their Harleys made several comments on the long ride back about the sheer number of Busas and all the state plates they'd noticed.  One of those Harley riders had a ton of questions about the oRg, about the Busa, even sat on mine and will be taking it for a spin very soon  
super.gif
I think he'd like to join the ranks of dual-bike ownership and perhaps one day join the oRg and attend the Bash on a Busa...my fellow travelers were amazed at the stories I shared of how guys rally behind fellow members to get bikes fixed, to help out when we can, and I think they saw, as outsiders, a group that is very close and that we are all truly friends...

I'm sad to be back to reality here...so, let the planning for next year's Spring Bash begin!!!!!!!!!  
beerchug.gif

beerchug.gif
Kevin, Thanks for everything that you and others do to make this event happen. We truly have a great group of people here at the .org
smile.gif

(georgiabusa_05 @ May 01 2007,09:48)
beerchug.gif
  Kevin, Thanks for everything that you and others do to make this event happen.  We truly have a great group of people here at the .org  
smile.gif
+20 (can I do that?)

beerchug.gif
Very well stated... It was good to see you again, Vman, and have the opertunity to share the roads with ya~ Major props to you for all you do that make these events what they have become~ I really enjoyed watching you throw down some sparks, in the pink shirt, while carving out that corner! Can't wait for the Killboy pics to come around~ You rock, brutha...
bowdown.gif
I look forward to next season already...  

Well, Vman, I just want to say thanks to you and all those who organized this years Bash. I know how organizing things can take on a life of its own and the stress builds up to the last moment as you ponder and worry over details. All I had to do was show up and our family took care of the rest. I had a great time and can't wait until September. If there is anything I can do to help organize for the fall, let me know.

Thanks to all the sponsors for your support and a special thanks to Doyle the Spoon Man Pirate for donating his BRA
jump9.gif

I'm done pussyfootin' around and will definitely be at next year's event!

I had a great time also. Thanks for the memories. Wether you realize it or not Vman, i watched some of your riding techniques and i applied them to myself. It helped me handle the curves better.

Hope to see you guys later this year.
beerchug.gif

kevin, it was a pleasure meeting you youj at the bash!!!! u are defy a top notch fella with nuthin but great intentions.

i still cant get the picture of you outta my head as i was coming into the turn on 28 and u were coming through the opposite direction in the pink shirt and throwin sparks!!! that was freakin awesome!!!!
super.gif
super.gif

here is the pic that u took with me at the overlook on sunday....
beerchug.gif

IMG_0263.JPG

super.gif

Outstanding job once agin brother Kevin. Thank you for the hard work you have done. Always a pleasure watching you ride "sparky"!
super.gif

Glad I got to meet with ya and the Bash was a blast. I also enjoyed the sparks in pink.
super.gif

Well said Kevin.

I have to say that we have the finest group of people you can find anywhere. It's wonderful to see such diverse crowds mesh seamlessly.

The first 5 have been great and I'm looking forward to number 6.

Chris

Back