My Turn to Ride

BigBSBusa

Comin' back stronger than ever!
Donating Member
Registered
Okay, after hearing all the stories of everyone else getting to ride and feeling a little envious I was actually able to get out and do some of my own. The weather was around 64 degrees, but that was misleading because of the wind factor. Very few clouds in the sky and no call for any precipitation. Tomorrow looks like low to mid 40s so I figured today was it though I have several other things that I need to get done.

I start getting myself mentally by thinking about the route I am going to take. It was a new one that I had driven the cage down, but never ridden. I could remember it having some nice hills and minor twists, all in all better than the street riding I had done around here.

I turned the key on and didn't even try the choke because it was so warm and she cranked on the first try. I opened the garage and the air began to hit to me as I moved her out into the driveway. I closed the garage door and grabbed my gear (helmet, gloves and sunglasses) and started to walk out the front door. As I got out the door I put my helmet on, then the glasses and finally the gloves. I was now standing next to the bike and ready to roll.

I got on and rolled easily out of the driveway and down to the end of the street. Made a quick right turn and strolled up to the next intersection. Another right turn and I was able to shift into second and third gears as I moved to the next stop sign. Made a left turn and started moving through a residential district and then a business district floating through fourth gear and back down to meet the traffic.

Finally I made one last right turn and was on the path. Took it easily through third gear and then opened it up a little getting to 80 mph on this open road. She comfortably made it up a couple of hills and around a few turns and the comfort spread to me as well. Continued on for a couple of miles and hit a turn around point.

Turned around and quickly got through 3 gears to see that 0-60 in 2.9 is definitely possible. Cruised along behind a truck that thought it was moving pretty good. I on the other hand was looking to see a friend of mine in her yard. She saw me and gave a big wave. Women definitely love the bike! After that I continued behind the truck until I got home. Once there I adjusted the idle and went back for another run. Only did about 40 miles, but it was the best thing I did all day. Just the fact that I was out there was tremendous! Maybe riding isn't over for the year yet!

Anyway, it has been an all around great day. It's amazing what a ride can do. Now it's time to settle back into doing my paper that is due tomorrow.

Good to hear, BigBS. Glad you got to get out and play a little, bro. I worked all weekend so I'll have to settle for living through you.
wink.gif
Oh well, the weather looks like it might be good for a ride tomorrow afternoon here. Supposed to be sunny and clear and up around the low 60's.

Tomorrow I plan to revisit that off camber corner that almost bit me in the ass the other day and get it right. I plan to get seat time whenever I can over the winter, schedules and responsibilities be damned!
biggrin.gif

I plan to do the same. Just don't know how long I will go between opportunities. Besides, I do have a few things I would like to do to the bike during that time, so it won't be all bad.

Back