My secret to keeping warm

sleepless_red

The artist formerly known as "sleeper_red"
Donating Member
Registered
I just want to share with you all my secret to keeping warm out there in the cold. It's the Hot Hands or Hand Warmers. I'm sure you guys know what I'm talking about. What I do is I put one in each shirt front pockets or two in each pocket if its really cold. Another pair inside my gloves (place them on the back on your hands)but make sure you have glove liners because it can burn your skin. If your shirt doesn't fit snug, wear like Under Armour over your shirt to bring them closer to your chest. Believe me guys, your chest will feel hot. When you're done with them, you can keep them in a ziplock bag so you can reuse them. Remember, these are air activated. No air, it stops working. When you're ready to ride again, just take them out of the ziplock bag and you're ready to roll. They are cheap heaters. They're like less than $2 at Walmart for a pack of 4 and they last like 10 hours. Try it. Let me know what you think.

Last edited:
cheaper by the case :) :whistle:

These are 40 hour units..

DSC_0030.JPG

Another good trick is buy a cheap money belt, usually about $3 at those strip mall travel stores. Load it up with the Hot hands and wear it backwards (spin it around and place them over your kidneys) this will help heat your blood all together. I've done it on the Busa down to about 20 degrees, Mtn Biking at 0 degrees and deer hunting (which is the worst 'cause your sitting still all day).

I did not know they were air activated. I thought they were chemical activated. I will keep that in mind for hunting but bike riding....I'll cage it below 48*:thumbsup:

click me to see the deal...

Been doing the hand warmer thing for a while as well, finally broke down and got a battery powered Gerbing vest for less than $100. No worries it can go anywhere I go without the bike or with the bike..

Back