My Roadcrafter is falling apart

TheAtomicAss

Registered
Well, I've had my Roadcrafter now for 3-1/2 years, and it's starting to fall apart. The stitching on the velcro is coming undone, and I just broke the 4th zipper on it. Which is weird, because the business portion of the suit is well sewn, it's just that they skimped on the velcro and used ultra-cheap zippers. :(

I'm eventually going to send it in for repair, but has anyone else had these kinds of problems?

Well, I've had my Roadcrafter now for 3-1/2 years, and it's starting to fall apart. The stitching on the velcro is coming undone, and I just broke the 4th zipper on it. Which is weird, because the business portion of the suit is well sewn, it's just that they skimped on the velcro and used ultra-cheap zippers. :(

I'm eventually going to send it in for repair, but has anyone else had these kinds of problems?

No. Bought mine in 2000. It's been machine washed several times, and also power-washed at a car wash twice--while I was wearing it.

I rode in it while in Italy for 5 years, and there's a lot of diesels over there. Worst part is the black-belching semis. They manufacturers won't spend a dime if they don't have to, so the use the least amount of exhaust pipe they can. No tall stacks to send that crap up--it dumps right out the side. Guess which side? Yeah, the drivers side, so when you pass a long line of them you get blasted real good. My red Roadcrafter turned black. One place had to wash it 3 times to get it red again.

Mine only gets washed occasionally. Like when I feel not-lazy enough to do it, usually not more than about 5-6 times a year.

It seems like everything else, they don't make them like they used to.

I have had two roadcrafter one piece suits. The first I purchased in 97, and is still being used by my son today. No problems with it and it has logged some good miles. My newer one (out grew the old one, funny my growth spurt should have stopped around 18:laugh::rofl:) I have had for 4 years now, and again is doing very well. I wash them when needed on gentle warm wash, and cool in the dryer, usually about 3-6 times per year.

Rumble

Back