My Review of the Scala FM headset

Fate

Donating Member
Registered
Well, have not been able to take it out on the road yet. Been raining, was gone over weekend for mothers day, and had to work today, but plan to take it out and see how it works. The new Scala's have two ear pieces vs. the old ones with one. They have velcro on the back so they stick to the pads in the helmet. I paired the Scala with my phone and I tried the voice activated calls and it works well. I played with it in the house and the volume is REALLY loud in the helmet. It automatically adjusts to outside noise so in the house it kept turning down, but I think it will be plenty loud for highway speeds. The fm radio has 6 presets and seems to have good sound too. It was easy to install on helmet, took less than 5 minutes. I will let you guys know how it works on the highway next good riding day. I do not plan on using it to have long conversations on the phone while riding, but feel it will do well for quick calls and be noce to pull over to finish a call without having to take my helmet and gear off to get to my phone.

Back