My numbers from Smithers Customs......

kawiboy11

Donating Member
Registered
Hey guys, I forgot to post my numbers from when I got my bike tuned at Smithers Customs down in Olathe Kansas. Let me tell you, I have not worked with a better guy than Steve Smithers. I know allot of guys on the Org. already know about him, but let me tell you that he is a excellent guy to work with. Fair & honest. Here are some of the numbers & details I got. The HP & the rear wheel was 247 & the torque was 137lbs at the wheel. I know the HP number are correct, but I might be wrong on the torque, I miss place my sheet & my memory sucks! The external waste gate has a 5.2 pound spring & running on 91 pump gas. We originally had a 6.2lb spring in the bike, but that would have created way to much power for my stock engine! I love it! You guys were right, I am addicted! Oh, & she runs better then she ever has! They great thing is, with the turbo being so damn big, I can ride the bike all day, & never get into boost unless I want to! She starts boosting at 5,500 & is at full boost at 6,500!

laugh.gif
clap.gif

038cody_2.jpg

Thanks for the props!! Whenever you are ready to turn that baby up , let me know.You'll just need a little engine work to be able to handle the Hp.Your turbo & set-up is already Definately Overkill for a stock motor!! Bike looks Nice too!!

Thanks for the props!! Whenever you are ready to turn that baby up , let me know.You'll just need a little engine work to be able to handle the Hp.Your turbo & set-up is already Definately Overkill for a stock motor!! Bike looks Nice too!!
Yeah, the turbo is over kill, but what I paid for it, it's worth it! I got room to improve that's forsure! Thanks Smithers, the Busa master!

muscle.gif

how much can you do with the stock ecu? (no pc) is it worth the trouble?

You definately need some sort of fuel controller to add more fuel & have the ability to fine tune your adjustments.A powercommander is the most popular choice for a stage 1 kit with a FMU.All kits that use a 2nd set of 4 injectors (stage 2 kit)uses a stand alone controller like a microtec or comparible brand to run the secondaries in addition to the powercommander.

You definately need some sort of fuel controller to add more fuel & have the ability to fine tune your adjustments.A powercommander is the most popular choice for a stage 1 kit with a FMU.All kits that use a 2nd set of 4 injectors (stage 2 kit)uses a stand alone controller like a microtec or comparible brand to run the secondaries in addition to the powercommander.
guess my question was a bit out of context (non turbo stocker).. sorry should have clarified

Also, has anyone done much yet with alcohol/water injection on the inlet side of the turbo to keep temps down? Figuring the smaller displacement, figured that the weight of the liquid would be not so hard on the impeller blades as it is when we are running large displacement. (we had the first 200Mph TAD at Denver running a multistage turbo on a Rodeck, the amount of liquid we tried tended to flatten out the blades a bit..oops)

I figure someday I will do the water injection, but that's down the road! I have other things I have to deal with!

smile.gif

Cody, Cody, Cody all I can say is wow.. Your ride is right up the with one of the best looking turbo bikes I've seen.. Not real keen on the chrome screen but wow the rest is sweet, nicely put together Brother..
ThumbsUp.gif

Steve good job on the numbers..
bowdown.gif

Cody, Cody, Cody all I can say is wow.. Your ride is right up the with one of the best looking turbo bikes I've seen.. Not real keen on the chrome screen but wow the rest is sweet, nicely put together Brother..
ThumbsUp.gif

bowdown.gif
Thanks man, I spent lot's of time in this baby, I love the color, one of the best Suzuki has ever come up with! Don't you know, Chrome makes it cut through the wind better!
deadhorse.gif

ThumbsUp.gif

bowdown.gif
Thanks man, I spent lot's of time in this baby, I love the color, one of the best Suzuki has ever come up with! Don't you know, Chrome makes it cut through the wind better!
deadhorse.gif
No wonder the numbers are so good..
ThumbsUp.gif
lol1.gif

ThumbsUp.gif

Back