My next Adventure

Pinky Winky

Donating Member
Registered
Well guys and gals life has thrown me my next thrill. I am in the process of training to climb Mt Hood. It is the tallest peak in Oregon at 11,250 ft USGS. It's in the plans for first week of May. I have climbed a large number of peaks up into the 19,000 ft range but the cool thing about Mt Hood is that after 6,000 ft it becomes all glacier, 12 glaciers total. So it'll be a full on alpine mountaineering climb with ice axes, crampons and lead climbs. Also the month of May is one of the most dangerous months to climb in the Cascades range due to the severe avalanche risk. I'm stoked about this climb because we will have a 5 man team and only a 7 hour window to summit using the south face glacier route. Only problem right now is finding my gear thats somewhere in China right now, on a ship that was supposed to be is the port of Houston in two weeks. Oh well just another reason to buy more gear.

Oh and here is a few pics from google.

mthood.jpg

mthoodtrillium.jpg

And some folks say motorcycles are dangerous:laugh: Good luck with that, I'll settle for pictures.

Wow! I admire you for taking this on! Good luck!

Why are you choosing the avalanche season for the climb?

I can't wait for winter to end, so climbing up a snow covered mounten on my own will just doesn't sound appealing right now. What an advanture though!

Nice...look forward to the pics. Mt Hood is a dangerous peak...be careful. I'm working my way through Colorado's 54 14,000 foot peaks, can't wait to summit my first this year.:beerchug:

Here's some links to some of my last adventure's

Grand Canyon

South Colony Lakes

Last edited:
Wow!!! Good luck!!!! :cheerleader: Sounds like you are healing up nicely from your accident last year since you are taking on Mt Hood!!!! :beerchug:

Can't wait to see the pics of you hitting the slopes and reaching the summit! Good luck with the climb. :thumbsup:

Hit me up when you get here! I am about 45 mins from Hood. I look at that beauty every day on my way home from work. :thumbsup:

My avatar pic may look familiar. :laugh:

Back