My New Toy

RussellJ

Rick Rollin'
Registered
I got it about a week ago. I haven't been able to get out and shoot some stuff yet but I plan to a little this weekend. If we have anyone who knows their way around a DSLR well around here I'd like some tips :laugh: There are so many different adjustments and stuff to learn. I will probably get some bike shots today.

Aside from my conservatard tendencies, I do enjoy to taking nice photographs. This is a NICE camera. I am real excited to get familiar with it.

IMAG0030.jpg

I read the preview and thought you got a new gun lol. Not sure if I want click back or not...

Ive been threatening to buy a slr for a while now. Need to quit being so tight and do it. Nice camera

I read the preview and thought you got a new gun lol. Not sure if I want click back or not...

Ive been threatening to buy a slr for a while now. Need to quit being so tight and do it. Nice camera

Well I can legally shoot people with it.... :laugh:

It is nice. I was on the fence for forever, just do it! I love taking photos and this thing is amazing.

Very nice set up. What size is it and what size lens come with it? I am looking to get a new lens for my D3100

Very nice set up. What size is it and what size lens come with it? I am looking to get a new lens for my D3100

It is slightly bigger than the D3100. I got the 18-55mm G VR DX AF-S and the 55-300mm VR DX AF-S lens with it.

You will get there! It takes a while to find the way to get your shots to end up the way your see them in your head. When I first started, I would look through all the photos at betterphoto.com and find the shots that really stood out. Then, try to figure out why they stood out and how to duplicate that type of shot.

Here is a link to some of our car stuff... Cars - Photographs at rmkphotoart.com

Download a trial copy of Adobe Lightroom and play with that a little. I use it almost exclusively to process a shoot. I only go to Photoshop for particular processes.

Back