My latest project....GSXR1000 turn signal mirrors on a Hayabusa without shims, wedges

AZBusa67

Registered
I have been researching all kinds of ideas of how to put GSXR 600/750/1000 integrated turn signal mirrors on a Hayabusa. I personally love the look, but everyone has their own likes/dislikes. I have found some write-ups regarding some
how-to's and other people's personal experiences and they were all great starting points. There were even some done on the TLR Forums which was another step in the right direction. I actually re-thought the procedure backwards instead of from the mounting bolts out....and came up with a wonderful idea! Here's the final product! I hope you enjoy! If you have any questions, I'll be more than happy to answer them as best I can! :smiley10:

They don't vibrate and are rock-solid too! :)

Indicator mirrors (1).jpg

Indicator mirrors (2).jpg

Indicator mirrors (4).jpg

Indicator mirrors (5).jpg

Indicator mirrors (6).jpg

Indicator mirrors (8).jpg

Re: My latest project....GSXR1000 turn signal mirrors on a Hayabusa without shims, we

Nice! I would like to know what year 1000 mirrors those are and are the OEM Suzuki of aftermarket knock offs. I might be doing this too.

Re: My latest project....GSXR1000 turn signal mirrors on a Hayabusa without shims, we

I appreciate the effort, but there's something weird looking about having 4 turn signals.

I appreciate the effort, but there's something weird looking about having 4 turn signals.

It feels weird because that's what cars have. :laugh:

Extra safety never hurts.

Wow thats nice i will have to look in to This

I always liked the turn signals in the mirrors. On a bike you can never have enough safety IMHO.

I went with the Blackbird mirrors instead but would have done the GSXR mirrors as another option.

IMG_20120211_172501-1.jpg

fallenarch, they're the aftermarket replacements for a 2006-2012. :)

Thanks HOOKDADDY and RedBusarider!:grinning:

Busashot, I looked at the Blackbird XX mirrors to begin with actually...but after seeing how much they're going for :omg:, I saw a thread on the GSXR1000 mirrors and thought I could do that...but maybe better? :whistle:

My plan was to turn the signals on the faring by the intakes into running lights and use the mirrors for signals.

I was thinking about that myself, and was looking at the kits with the 4K/9K DRL conversion kit and then I thought....well....none of the drivers here seem to notice motorcycles to begin with, so extra 'blinkyflashingohheywhatarethose?' may help my survival rate a bit. I know, I know....who am I kidding, right? lol ;)

I wonder if you could take the original turn signal lights and use a flasher type unit to make those
flash when the brakes are applied. That should draw attention to you especially if you tapped the brakes
going through a green light, when there is someone waiting to turn left in front of you - which is one of
if not the most dangerous places for accidents with motorcycles.

Just food for thought?

What part of Mesa you live in?

How did u separate the mirrors

I use the High Beam 'Passing' switch (the yellow one on the left controller) when going through intersections....acts like a strobe if I do it fast enough. :)

I'm in East Mesa, Greenfield~Val Vista area, shade. :D

HOOKDADDY, the stock mirrors come apart simply by holding force (pulling solidly) while unscrewing the mirror housing from the stalk. The GSXR ones you have to disassemble from the turn signal lens in. One of the annoying parts is that they use a small amount of glue to hold the lens to the reflector assembly. :(

This is one of the pictures I saw when I started researching my project....not a fan of the aluminum blocks and the angles of the stalks. Plus the fact that GSXR mirror arms don't move makes it a no-brainer for what I wanted to accomplish. ;)

Attachments

• Mirrors.bmp
    1.2 MB · Views: 557
Back