MY LATEST PICS---

coop65sr

Donating Member
Registered
What's up to ere'body----

I was scared to death to drill my plastics but knew that the frame sliders were a MUST HAVE, especially since I had sunk the money into the new custom paint!!! So just thought I'd post up to show...nothing special bout 'em, just thought I'd say a BIG THANKS to the guys/gals who posted the "how to's" with pics....they REALLY always help!!! The pointed allen wrench in the engine bolt head worked flawlessly....
Just a heads-up to anybody deciding to do it on your own...read the "how-to" threads on here...go over every step at least TWICE before you cut/install, and BE SURE to hold your cutter (if you use a hole saw) parallel with the ground!!! The top of the hole saw will cut into the plastic first and will ease on down to the bottom as it cuts...go at a medium speed and maintain that cut angle...that way it definitely gives a nice cutout around the base of your frame slider!!!
beerchug.gif
beerchug.gif
Couple of pics to follow:

100_4434copy.jpg

beerchug.gif

Bike is awesome. Very nice paintjob. Now if you ran that same scheme on the mirrors....
wow.gif
Would be DA BOMB!!

Lastcall, you going to the AMA Race at Barbers in B'ham in two weeks???(20th,21st,22nd) I'm gonna go if nothing drastic comes up...would like to ride over on the Busa..bout 4 hours...would be a good ride if the weather is good...

Thanks to all for the replies!! I humbly try to make these dang mods as cheap as I can....do'em myself or just don't get'em done at all...wife is about ready to make me sleep out in the shed with the bike now as it is!!!!!!

Thanks bacharles.......HMMMM......another way to spend some money!!!! You're really trying to get my wife to kill me ain't you!!! Great idea though....may have to try that!!!
laugh.gif
laugh.gif
beerchug.gif

laugh.gif

Hey, great job, and awesome paint work on that beast!!

I'm afraid to tackle the job... wish you were closer!!!

(coop65sr @ Apr. 11 2007,21:24) The pointed allen wrench in the engine bolt head worked flawlessly....
...BE SURE to hold your cutter (if you use a hole saw) parallel with the ground!!! The top of the hole saw will cut into the plastic first and will ease on down to the bottom as it cuts...go at a medium speed and maintain that cut angle...that way it definitely gives a nice cutout around the base of your frame slider!!!
Definitely! Good advice! That's how I did mine and it worked great!

Nice job!
beerchug.gif

Back