My girlfriend got her first deer!

oeballer50

Registered
Well if anyone hunts in upstate New York they know people can go years without getting a whitetail. I'm fairly fortunate in having a cousin who owns a farm and has a very high population of deer there. My girlfriend is new to hunting but was very eager to learn, I've been hunting since I was 14 and have taken my share of deer, but it felt even better to see the smile on her face when she took her very own. The doe was about 50 yards away she was using my fathers .307 lever action, tagged her right in front of the shoulder and she didn't go 20 yards! She was super excited as was I :thumbsup: the was 135 dressed a real nice size for her first one. The pictures are of her and I, and my brother n law and his doe m grandparents and her and I. Just thought I'd share! :beerchug:

image.jpg

image.jpg

image.jpg

image.jpg

Cool and congrats, my son got his first deer this year. If you ever get a, go to wisconsin, droves of deer and fairly cheap for out of state hunters.

My uncle actually lives in Milwaukee I've been meaning to get up there for a season. But even if I don't make the season I plan on taking a ride out there on the bike next summer hopefully :thumbsup:

My uncle actually lives in Milwaukee I've been meaning to get up there for a season. But even if I don't make the season I plan on taking a ride out there on the bike next summer hopefully :thumbsup:

Hit me up if you do! :beerchug:

congrats :beerchug: that will help with the food bill this winter!

Years without gettin any? Come a wee bit west to binghamton, there's plenty for ya, but ya have to use a shotgun in most of the county, which is lame.
Congrats to ya both on the critter, good eating. :thumbsup:

Ya I'm from Albany way about an hour west of Albany in the adirondacks great hunting if you can find land that isn't posted or state land that isn't over run with the illegal type if ya catch my drift :banghead:

Ya I'm from Albany way about an hour west of Albany in the adirondacks great hunting if you can find land that isn't posted or state land that isn't over run with the illegal type if ya catch my drift :banghead:

I know how that goes, unfortunately.

Congrats and GREAT SHOT! I only wish every hunter was accurate as her shot placement. Using someone elses gun, first time deer hunting shoulder placed shot down within 20 yards:beerchug: Well done! Dont let women underestimate you in there shooting skills most past gf's I have taken out shooting, shoot very well!!

Ya she is an excellent shot she's been practicing all summer. She missed a doe earlier n the season I think her nerves got the best of her but lesson learned on her part. She drilled this one that's for sure :thumbsup:

Congrats and GREAT SHOT! I only wish every hunter was accurate as her shot placement. Using someone elses gun, first time deer hunting shoulder placed shot down within 20 yards:beerchug: Well done! Dont let women underestimate you in there shooting skills most past gf's I have taken out shooting, shoot very well!!

I never teach a girl I'm dating to use firearms, I'm gonna make em mad eventuality, and I don't need em shooting at me.

Back