My finished two wheel project

GSXcite

Squirrel Master
Donating Member
Registered
I have had a 1970's era moped for several years. I intended on going through it and getting it running for many years, but have never gotten around to it! We have a good customer here at the shop who works on bikes and such in his spare time. We were talking one day and I mentioned that I had a Puch moped, manufactured in Austria by Damlier Benz. He seemed to know alot about them, and he told me he enjoys working on that type of bike more than anything. I agreed to let him do his thing on the moped. He just called me and said it was done and he is on his way over with it!:thumbsup: It's a 1978 Puch Maxi II with a 2 HP engine and two speed transmission. I can't wait to get on it and ride! Hope I can handle the power!:laugh:

watters.jpg

Probably won't have to worry about video because stills can keep up with the speed of that machine! :rofl: Looks like a fun ride though, Hal.

I can see Hal riding this to work....pulling up to the motorcycle dealership honking his horn.....With his full face helmet on....:rofl:

Well bud just brought it to me , and I just rode it for the first time. Cool machine! Had her up to 35 mph, no GPS though.:laugh: Two speed tranny works great, no need to undercut.:whistle: I think it will outhandle a ZX14.:thumbsup:

Hal are those Dyno mag rims on that? the sure do look like it...What about an exhaust? Are you thinking slip ons or full system? :whistle:

Hal are those Dyno mag rims on that? the sure do look like it...What about an exhaust? Are you thinking slip ons or full system? :whistle:

Rusty, believe it or not you can get quite a few performance parts for a Puch. There is a guy on the internet that has a Maxi that goes almost 65 mph! This full system is available!:thumbsup:

biturbo.jpg

Sooo- full system, stg 3 jet kit, pod, and a resprocket then??????Maybe even a Dyna "S" .... OOOHHH, a dry shot, with a .009 jet:rofl:

We used to ride these to school.... That is pretty cool man.

Back